AHP Career Track: Western Buyer
Position: Western Buyer, Posted By: SmartPak, Location: Plymouth, MA
The Western Buyer is responsible for directly leading all purchasing activities with vendor relationship responsibility, deal negotiations, and merchandising within the Western category of our Merchandising department. The Western Buyer is expected to both understand and manage the product line(s) to maximize the customer experience.
- Secures and analyzed product quotes and negotiates prices and terms with suppliers
- Proposes product selection and accompanying pricing/ terms with Senior Merchandising team
- Studies and analyzes market/ industry trends and reports findings to Senior Merchandising team
- Develop relationships with new brands and advocate for the SmartPak platform
- Build detailed buying and marketing plans as well as growth strategies for vendors and private label merchandise
- Negotiate and secure vendor participation in marketing events
- Provide timely resolution to vendor maintenance and ordering issues
- Analyze merchandising data and makes recommendations on category and product management
- Conduct industry research and identifying new trends and sources
- Provide delivery updates and product knowledge information to Customer Care, Retail Store, and Production as appropriate
- Assist in paste-up/ catalog layout
- Assist in vendor relations
- Some travel required to buying shows/ vendor sites
- Other special projects!
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years’ experience
- Western horse experience strongly preferred
- Experience forging and building vendor relationships, planning product cycles, and selling online is preferred
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent Excel and PC skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work under deadline pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and resourceful multi-tasker.
- Attention to detail.