AHP Career Track: Marketing Manager-Western
Position: Marketing Manager-Western, Posted By: SmartPak, Location: Plymouth, MA
The Marketing Manager, Western is an outstanding opportunity to contribute in a visible way to the success of SmartPak's growing Western division, one that is focused on partnering with Western riders in the care and enjoyment of their horse(s). Reporting to the Vice President-Western, the Marketing Manager-Western will be responsible for managing SmartPak’s Western marketing initiatives including developing/positioning a strong brand and executing customer communications, advertising, promotions and direct mail strategies to acquire and retain customers.
- Develop and execute marketing programs that increase brand identity and awareness of SmartPak Western
- Drive production of marketing and sales materials, including advertising, emails and other promotional initiatives.
- Assist with the development and implementation of the annual Western marketing plan with the result of increased brand awareness, sales and ROI.
- Coordinate with Marketing and Merchandising teams to assist in the launch of strategic brands and products – creating marketing plans for launch, sampling, positioning, etc.
- Receive work assignments from VP, Western based on current needs, experience and particular strengths in marketing.
- Analyze the performance of the brand including trends, competitive activity, and profitability
- Provide direction to the sales team on marketing strategies
- Budget preparation and monitoring of these budgets
- Lead research initiatives with customers and prospects to gain a stronger understanding of their attitudes and beliefs with the ability to convert that analysis into actionable projects and efforts.
- Plus many other projects and opportunities!
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or a related field
- 3+ years industry or equivalent years marketing experience
- Equine experience will give you a leg up! (Western riding experience/background is a strong plus)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively communicate ideas to senior staff
- Self-motivated and able to work in a very fast paced environment
- Strong analytical skills with ability to conduct detailed competitive and research analysis
- Results orientated with a high level of creativity
- Enthusiastic attitude and a sense a humor are a must!