AHP Career Track: Marketing Internships
NCHA Marketing Department Internship Opportunities
Interns are provided with an opportunity to work at individual events during the NCHA Super Stakes in March/April and the NCHA Futurity in November/December. Summer internships will include the NCHA Summer Spectacular and a full time position from May 15 through August 15. Internships will pay $10 an hour. Below is a description of the responsibilities.
- Write and disseminate press releases
- Develop and maintain list of media contacts
- Develop and/or update various marketing material
- Help plan and coordinate special events that promote events, the NCHA or the cutting horse and related activities
- Assist with planning and executing NCHA's marquee events, including NCHA Futurity, Super Stakes and Summer Spectacular.
- Work closely with Internet Information Technology to market NCHA's Web site
- Develop advertisements for NCHA and investigate media buys
- To create a consistent voice and look for the cutting horse industry
- To market horse activities to media and general public
- To support membership into NCHA and ownership of cutting horses
- To market NCHA programs to maximize member participation and enjoyment
- To ensure NCHA maintains its leadership position
- Potential travel to various events
- Manage press room and special activities
- Write scripts for banquets, ceremonies and presentations
For more information, contact Julie Bryant, NCHA Director of Marketing, at 817.244.6188 ext 120 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, send a resume and cover letter to Mrs. Bryant along with at least three writing samples and three letters of reference.