AHP Career Track: Senior Designer
Job Title: Senior Designer, USHJA
Reports To: Director of Marketing & Communications
FLSA Status: Exempt (Salary)
This position is full time and located in Lexington, KY.
Summary: Responsible for graphic design needs of the association including but not limited to ad design, program layout, logo development, merchandise and web design. Proficiency in web design, CSS. Act as liaison between the staff and the Director of Marketing & Communications for graphic, printing and web needs. Must be able to manage deadlines in a fast paced environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Assist with the management of the Graphic Designer and Webmaster.
- Graphic Design. Perform graphic design needs for the association. Act as liaison between all departments and the Director of Marketing & Communications.
- Web Design and Content Editing. Proficient in web design and content management.
- Brand Management and Standards. Managing brand standards for various uses. Develop logos and themes as needed to build awareness and support the marketing efforts of various programs.
- Development and Management of Ad and Marketing Campaigns. Develop ad and marketing campaigns for program as assigned.
- Print Management. Manage and liaise all printing needs with relevant vendors. Printing needs include but are not limited to: stationary, brochures, banners and specialty items.
Competencies To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; manages multiple priorities in fast past environment; plans for additional resources and works within assigned budget; meets deadlines; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; ability to work independently.
- Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings. Writes clearly and informatively; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult and/or emotional member situations; responds promptly to member needs; solicits member feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; gives and welcomes feedback; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Initiative - Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities that support USHJA initiatives. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality programs.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes tasks correctly and on-time; supports organization’s goals and values. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Supports and follows managements’ direction.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Position requires a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of four years related experience in a team environment. The equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Nights and weekends may be required for special projects and events. Travel may be necessary estimated need is less than 1%.
Additional duties may require assistance in lifting and moving supplies and other materials.
Computer and Office Machine Skills
Has proficient knowledge of Windows operating systems: Microsoft Office Suite, Word Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Proficient in CSS and HTML, Dreamweaver or similar program, Illustrator, Photoshop, In Design, Quark and other industry standard programs. Ability to utilize the Internet for work related research. Understands basic PC concepts (files, file paths, copying and pasting, deleting and moving files) Common office machinery to include but not limited to calculator, telephone, fax, copier, scanner, postal machine.
Salary: Depending on skill and experience level the salary range is $39-43K
To apply for this position, please send your resume and sample portfolio to:
Attn: Jackie Newman