AHP Newsgroup: Media Alert: Breyerfest British Invasion Is Coming To Lexington
July 20-22, 2012 - Kentucky Horse Park, Lexington, KY
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 12, 2012
Kathleen Fallon - Breyer
Tel. 973-349-1704; Cell: 917-592-5185
WHAT: BreyerFest®, Breyer Animal Creation’s annual model horse festival and horse fair, is bringing London to Lexington in honor of the 2012 London Olympics! BreyerFest® British Invasion celebrates everything we love about horses and Cool Britannia! From Will and Kate to tea, tweed and Tatler; the Beatles and the Rolling Stones; Harry Potter and everything in between, BreyerFest British Invasion will be a fun frolic for all ages!
WHERE: Kentucky Horse Park, 4089 Iron Works Pike, Lexington, KY 40511
WHEN: July 20-22, 2012
WHY: Breyer Animal Creation’s fun, family-friendly festival, now in its 23rd year, draws more than 7,500 horse lovers each year to Lexington from around the world for the three-day festival featuring the real horses that inspired the Breyer model horses.
HEADLINERS: Shane Adams & Knights of Valour. Host of The History Channel’s Full Metal Jousting, Shane and company are the foremost jousters in the nation! Shane will be bringing along a few of his FMJ cast to BreyerFest! Let the games begin!
Tommie Turvey & Odd Job Bob, the personable Gypsy Vanner horse that starred in The Greening of Whitney Brown. Tommie is always entertaining and is one of the most in-demand equine entertainers and clinicians in the U.S.
Sylvia Zerbini and her Grand Liberté Act. Sylvia is an alumna of Cavalia, the equestrian offshoot of Cirque du Soleil, and she is renowned for her an 8-horse liberty act.
CinnamonMewMew! Teen sensation Amy Davies is better known as CinnamonMewMew, her YouTube alter ego and channel which features more than 220 videos created by Davies that have earned her nearly 5 million views and legions of fans. Davies is joining us from her home in Wales and will be teaching two video workshops and hosting meet & greets for her teen fans!
Brit Beat Concert – America’s favorite Beatles Tribute Band! Alltech Arena! Saturday night!
Rare British Breeds Showcase – Breyer has gathered representatives of some of Britain’s most treasured native breeds, many of which can be found on the Rare Breeds Survival Trust’s Watch List. See Cleveland Bays, Dales and Fell Ponies, Hackney Horses & Ponies, Welsh Ponies & Cobs and Gypsy Vanners and Clydesdales!
Breyer Portrait Models: Meet the real horses that inspired the Breyer portrait models!
- BreyerFest Celebration Horse is Moonlit Acres Mariah’s Boon, a rare American Drum Horse, a new breed that is comprised of a combination of Shire, Clydesdale and Gypsy Horses where none of the three breeds exceeds 87% of the total. Boon will recreate the pomp and pageantry of the Queen’s Household Cavalry.
- Spotted American Saddlebred Champion CH Sprinkles & 13-year-old owner/rider Eleanor Rainbolt-Forbes
- Hackney Pony Legend Heartland High Tech
- Appaloosa Champion Lil Ricky Rocker
- Rare buckskin Gypsy Vanner Horse Taskin
- Contests: Breyer will host three contests – all with a British flair at BreyerFest including: Best of Britain diorama contest, a Hair Fascinator contest and the Poppycock Parade costume contest which calls on contestant to dress as their favorite British character.
- Trade Fair featuring 65 booths of primarily equestrian-themed prints, gifts and products.
- Breyer Store featuring Special Runs models available only at BreyerFest
- Bit of British Pop-Up Store featuring British-themed Breyer products
- Piccadilly Circus Arena featuring:
- Craft & Activity Tent featuring free Stablemates Painting and other crafts
- Daily interactive performances by Kentucky Shakespeare
- Portable Circus Company jugglers, magicians and face painting
- Hands On Hobby Booth – Learn more about the exciting model horse hobby!
- Hyde Park featuring:
- Pony Rides
- Petting Zoo
- Cricket Demonstrations by Kentucky United Cricket (Sat. only)
- Dog Agility Demonstration (Sat. only)
- Free seminars about collecting model horses, British Breeds, showing model horses and more
Join us for the biggest tea party of the year: BreyerFest British Invasion. Tickets available at www.BreyerHorses.com.
# # #
About Breyer Animal Creations®
Breyer Animal Creations is a division of Reeves International (www.reevesintl.com), a family-owned, NJ-based toy manufacturer and distributor. Breyer, founded in 1950, celebrates the horse and other animals, dedicating itself to the creation of authentic and realistic model horses for play and collecting. Breyer is one of America’s iconic toys and its ‘portrait’ models of horse heroes and animals like Secretariat, Black Beauty, The Black Stallion and Lassie have inspired children of all ages to love animals. Breyer’s partnerships with publishers like Scholastic and Macmillan’s Children’s Publishing and film studios like Universal (Seabiscuit); DreamWorks (Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron and Dreamer), and Touchstone Pictures (Hidalgo) have provided a platform to create new content and play forms for children inspiring a world of imagination and creativity. Visit us at www.breyerhorses.com or call 800-413-3348 to learn more about the model horse hobby and Breyer Animal Creations.