13th Annual Equine Industry Vision Award Winner Selected for 2014Presented by American Horse Publications and Sponsored by Zoetis
Zoetis and American Horse Publications are proud to announce that a winner has been selected to receive the 2014 Equine Industry Vision Award. Sponsored by Zoetis, the award is intended to recognize innovation, leadership and service. All of this year’s nominees were outstanding examples of these qualities.
The six members of the Equine Industry Vision Award Committee reviewed the nominations and narrowed the list of 10 nominees to four candidates. The committee selected the following finalists: Patti Colbert, Patti Colbert Enterprises; Molly Sweeney, Vice President of Horses and Humans Research Foundation; Lyndsey White, Co-founder of Riders4Helmets; and the Retired Racehorse Training Project.
The remaining 6 nominees included:
- Dr. Beverly Gordon, Founder of The Horse in Motion, LLC and Developer of Equi-Tape®
- International Horse Show Association, celebrating 47 years of service to the collegiate academic community
- Monty Roberts, Founder and Director of Monty and Pat Roberts, Inc.; Principal, Join-Up International, Inc.
- Jochen Schleese, Owner and Founder of Schleese Saddlery Service and Saddlefit 4 Life
- Andreas Stano, Creator of Global Dressage Forum North America, and Executive Director, DressageClinic.com/Select Media, Inc.
- Brad Turley, Founder of So8ths/Nikon Three-Day Event
The AHP Board of Directors plus a Zoetis representative voted for the winner. Finalists were judged on their performance in relation to the achievement(s) cited and their demonstration of the following attributes and abilities: 1) The vision and innovation of a true pioneer; 2) Leadership, commitment, dedication and willingness to serve; 3) Original and effective ideas and/or products, services, programs; 4) High moral, ethical and professional standards.
The winner has been notified to allow for travel arrangements. However, the official announcement of the winner and the presentation of the award will be made at the Equine Industry Vision Award Breakfast on Friday, June 20, 2014 during the AHP Gallop n’ Grits Seminar in Charleston, South Carolina. The recipient will be presented with the Equine Industry Vision Award Perpetual Trophy, created by master artisan Peter Wayne Yenawine.The Equine Industry Vision Award is the first major award to showcase innovation across the equine industry. The award is intended not only to serve as a unique recognition of ingenuity and service, but also to benefit the industry by inspiring these qualities in others. Its purpose is to recognize outstanding leadership, creativity and meritorious contributions in the equine industry.