Here's what AHP members will expect from an intern and their responsibilities to provide a meaningful internship
AHP Member’s Expectations
- to expect a serious, creative and enthusiastic worker with a willingness to embrace any publishing-related job.
- to expect an individual who takes an active interest in learning about a variety of aspects of equine publishing.
- to expect a courteous employee, who will represent the AHP member in a professional manner at all times.
AHP Member’s Responsibilities
- to be prepared to keep the intern occupied with meaningful tasks that contribute to overall production and any areas of specialization.
- to dedicate time to intern training and supervision.
- to furnish the intern with direction, assignments, and special projects offering guidance and support to help the intern develop their own material.
- to make every effort to increase the level of the intern’s responsibility and contributions.
- to provide compensation by college credit, wage or stipend if possible.
- to provide a real-life and hands-on educational experience.
- to encourage the intern’s interest in pursuing a career in equine publishing.