Breyer®, the number one name in horse toys, invites children and collectors of all ages to join the 30th anniversary celebration of its wonderful world of horses at BreyerFest®’s annual fan festival and horse fair, July 12-14, 2019 at the beautiful Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, KY.
Since 1990, BreyerFest has been a summer highlight for horse lovers. This fun, hands-on, family-oriented festival encourages kids to get up close to horses and meet their owners, take pony rides, visit a petting zoo, and find play tables and craft activities like paint-your-own Breyer Stablemates horses.
Do you have a hero? Yes! – they’re all around us and this year’s theme at BreyerFest is a Salute to Horse Heroes, that includes a new costume contest, Not all Heroes Wear Capes at 6:00 pm on opening day, Friday, July 12. From caped crusaders to the armed services, heroes come in all shapes and sizes, and BreyerFest is the perfect place to let imaginations run wild!
Breyer honors superstar Police Horse, Oliver, as the 2019 Celebration model provided to each three-day ticket holder. Partnered with Captain Lisa Rakes, Oliver is an 11-year-old Shire cross who is calm in all situations including crowd control and parades, and is a wonderful ambassador for all mounted police officers!
Attendees will also get to meet Zipped in Black Magic, the 2017 Therapy Horse of the Year, and Klinger from the 3rd U.S. Infantry Regiment (The Old Guard) caisson platoon. Klinger is a U.S. Army Ambassador and active participant in animal-assisted therapy.
Breyer will also welcome a real life hero to Lexington: world-renowned horseman, trainer, author, and film/TV performer, Jonathan Field. After a freak work accident nearly cost him his hand, he found a new path, taking all the theory, skills and experiences from his life with horses and integrating them into Jonathan Field Horsemanship, Inspired by Horses.
What makes BreyerFest special? All the opportunities it offers for guests to see, touch and experience horses close up! Activities include three days of exciting live horse demonstrations featuring nearly 200 horses representing more than 20 breeds, meet-and-greets with special equine guests, a 65-booth Trade Fair, Breyer Super Store with models created especially for BreyerFest, Craft & Activity Center with free activities, face painting and storytelling, model horse displays and shows, plus workshops and free seminars.
Don’t miss Vicki Wilson, winner of the 2017 and 2018 Road to the Horse (RTTH) championships and outstanding trainer of New Zealand’s wild horses, with demos throughout all three days, or The Presidents’ Choice Super Dogs of Ontario, Canada, and their all-new WaterBark Show. BreyerFest tickets include access to Kentucky Horse Park activities and museums, too!
BreyerFest’s Celebration of Horses evening spectacular, at 6:30 pm on Friday and Saturday, is produced by the talented Sylvia Zerbini and features top equine entertainers including an opening performance by 28 horse and rider teams that form The Royal Canadian Mounted Police’s Musical Ride. The shows are in the Alltech Arena with full theatrical lighting and music, and pre-event activities on the concourse. Admission to Celebration of Horses comes with each three-day admission pass. Upgrades are available to Single Day ticket holders and some limited show-only seats are available.
Additional Special 30th Anniversary Guests and Activities include:
- Prepare to be blown away by Latigo Dun It and talented charro Tomas Garcilazo, and their astonishing trick roping and riding maneuvers!
- Meet King, the 2001 American Paint Horse owned by Trixie Chicks performer Kelsey Lauberth, known as “the horse of many trick riders” because of his steady temperament.
- Meet Truly Unsurpassed, a 2001 Paint Horse mare owned by Nancy Conley, the first horse to earn Bronze, Silver and Gold Medals from the Western Dressage Association of America.
- Meet Lil’ Ricky Rocker, the colorful Appaloosa champion owned by Ron and Donna Georgyi and known as the BreyerFest Ambassador!
- Meet Dominante XXIX, 2005 Campeon de la Raza (Champion Stallion) and first Qualified Pura Raza Española (PRE) stallion imported to the United States.
- See the Headless Horseshow, open to kids 16 and under, who race against the clock on foot and over fences, and Best Customs Contest at the Artisans Gallery on Friday and Saturday (final judging)! Top three finalists in five divisions – Excellence in Finish, Fantasy, Most Extreme, Best for Performance and 2019 Theme Class, Great Hair Day.
- Join the Diorama Contest, Salute to BreyerFest, present your diorama as a parade float and help make the Greatest Parade of Breyer Models the Horse Park has ever seen!
- Daily model horse showing! Starting Thursday, July 11, with the BreyerFest Breakables Live Show and All-China Show at the Clarion Hotel. Friday at BreyerFest is one of the largest Open Model Horse Shows in America and Saturday’s Youth Show is the world’s largest model horse show for kids!
One of America’s most iconic toy brands, Breyer has been dedicated to the creation of authentic and realistic model horses for play and collecting for nearly 70 years. Its portrait models of horse heroes like Justify, Secretariat, and Black Beauty have inspired children of all ages to love horses. Breyer is a division of Reeves International, a family-owned toy manufacturer and distributor based in Pequannock, NJ. Visit us at www.BreyerHorses.com. For more information, contact Jaime Potkalesky at email@example.com or (973) 694-5006, ext 191.
WHAT: 30th Annual BreyerFest® and BreyerFest Celebration of Horses Evening Show
WHEN: Friday-Sunday, July 12-14, 2019 - 9am-5pm
WHERE: Kentucky Horse Park, 4089 Iron Works Parkway, Lexington, KY
Single Day: $17 purchased online thru Mon., July 8; $20 on site.
Includes Limited Edition Stablemates model - a $10 value!
Children age six and under free (no Limited Edition model).
** Upgrade for BreyerFest Celebration of Horses Evening Show (Friday and Saturday evenings only) $15
Early Bird tickets on sale now thru April 15 – be automatically entered into our Early Bird drawing (limit three pieces).
Buy tickets at www.BreyerHorses.com or call: 800-413-4483.
For more information, contact
(973) 694-5006, ext 191
AHP has not verified the factual statements in any message and AHP assumes no responsibility for the contents of, or any damage resulting from, any communication in the Newsgroup. Publication in the Newsgroup is not an endorsement by the organization of any product, person, or policy.