Here’s a roadmap for getting the most enjoyment and education out of the forthcoming Western States Horse Expo!
Thursday, May 9 – Sunday, May 12, 2019
Thursday — noon to 7 p.m.
Friday and Saturday — 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sunday — 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Friday and Saturday evening special events (see below) run until 10 p.m.
Murieta Equestrian Center
7200 Lone Pine Drive, Rancho Murieta
PLEASE note that the Horse Expo is no longer at Cal Expo in Sacramento! Murieta Equestrian Center is the largest equestrian center in California and we promise to use just about every inch of it for your enjoyment!
Directions to Murieta Equestrian Center can be found at www.horsexpo.com/accommodations (scroll down)
Silly question. Because you love horses.
The best horse trainers and educators in the world!
This year features another all-star cast including:
Julie Goodnight, Pat Parelli, Warwick Schiller, Chris Cox, Sabine Rijssenbeek, Eitan Beth-Halachemy, Jim Masterson, Madison Shambaugh, Jane Pike, Christy Landwehr, Russ Krachun, Carla Bauchmueller, Brittany Massey, Alycia Burton, and Joe Misner.
MAP OF VENUE
A map of the Murieta Equestrian Center (so you don’t lose your way walking around!) can be found at www.horsexpo.com/clinics
EQUUS MASTER SPECIAL!
If watching talented horsemen and horsewomen start young horses with kindness, patience and gentleness, and without anxiety or pain, then Equus Masters is for you.
Equus Masters is a four-day event, starting on Thursday evening when these four contestants choose their untrained geldings as their companions for the next three days:
Wylene Davis, Brandi Lyons, Madison Shambaugh and Matt Bischof.
Equus Master will be judged by Pat Parelli and Eitan Beth-Halachemy and with an in-the-moment narration by Chris Cox, you will “see” what the judges see.
For separate tickets to this event where the goal is to build a solid foundation and partnership by using compassion and tolerance, visit www.horsexpo.com/tickets or purchase them at the gate.
WANT TO RIDE AT ONE OF THE HORSE EXPO CLINICS?
Yup. You’re invited to ride at one of the Horse Expo’s extraordinary clinicians, or maybe you want your horse to be a clinic subject. (All riding and clinic positions may be full.)
Visit www.horsexpo.com/clinics for details and downloadable applications, etc.
Here’s a tantalizing list of what’s available:
Jim Masterson’s Method of Equine Massage and Body Therapy
Christy Landwehr on Certified Horsemanship Riding Skills
Jochen Schleese on Proper Saddle Fit
Bryan Owen on Red Light Therapy and Equine Pain Management
Russ Krachun on Groundwork and Problem Solving
Julie Goodnight on Improving Riding Skills
Pat Parelli on General Horsemanship
AND SO MUCH MORE! (Bring your credit cards!)
Shopping, shopping, shopping! It’s hard to envision the huge number of vendors who will have exactly what you need, and lots more you didn’t even know you needed! And when you run out of arms to tote everything around, plunk down all your purchases at Park Your Packages and then claim everything when you’re ready to go to your car. They may even accompany you if you need help.
OTHER SPECIAL EVENTS
- R3C Adoption at Western States Horse Expo on Sunday, May 12. Four horses from the program created by the Sacramento Sheriff’s Department and the BLM Wild Horse Program will be available for adoption. Under the guidance of professional trainer Joe Misner, these four horses were trained by inmates. Come meet Diego, Yukon, Annie, and Tiny Dancer and then adopt at least one of them!
- Horse Expo NRHA Reining Boot Camp. That’s right! You can ride in a clinic that welcomes beginners and non-pros. Visit horsexpo.com/special-events
- Boots and Bling 6th Annual Benefit. Dress up with all your sparkles and polish your boots for this benefit event that celebrates 10 years of successful horse rescues. Visit horsexpo.com/special-events
- NCDC Combined Driving Event! The exciting sport of Combined Driving is modeled after the ridden Three Day Event, which means these harnessed horses (often in pairs or four-up) are tested in driven dressage, cross-country marathon, and cone driving competition. It’s really a thrill to see these horses excel in this discipline!
- Horse Expo is hosting the SANA West Rare Breeds Show. Visit their barn and watch their competitions (all four days) of horses listed on the Equus Survival Trust and on the Equine Conservation List. Discover some of the rarest and most unique breeds in North America!
- Sign up for HorseInterest classes in Cinch Making (Pop Wagner), Leather Braiding (Gail Hought), and Paracord Braiding (Kayleen Johnson). Visit horsexpo.com/other-horse-interest
- The Horse Expo University is proud to present seminars from veterinarians, innovators, industry leaders and health care experts. Speakers include: Bryan Owen, Zach Rhodes, Dr. Bray, Jochen Schleese, and Dr. Richard Godbee. A true wealth of education!
Good news! The complete schedule can be found at www.horsexpo.com/events.
The categories include: Equus Masters, Horse Expo Clinics, Horse Expo University, HorseInterest, Rare Breeds Show, Breeds Pavilion, Combined Driving Event, Special Events, and Rigs and Digs.
News flash! You can click on “Schedule” on www.horsexpo.com/events and design your ideal expo experience! We have an interactive schedule and exhibitor tools. Make the most of both your footsteps and time at the Expo — there’s so much to see and you don’t want to miss any of it!
Tickets will be available at the gate and you can use cash, credit or debit cards.
To save time and money, and especially if you’re planning on attending multiple days, tickets are available on www.horsexpo.com/tickets-2 at a lower price than at the gate.
- One-day general admission is $20; 4-day general admission is $70.
- And remember, children 12 and under are admitted for free!
THIS AND THAT
- Pets are not allowed, and please don’t leave them in your car.
- You are welcome to bring your own lawn or camping chairs, and when you are tired of hauling them around, leave them at “Park Your Packages” and claim them later. Easy!
- ATMs will be loaded with $20 bills! They’ll be located near the Mane Market Mall shopping areas.
- LIVE MUSIC!
Yes, you can bring your own food and non-alcoholic drinks — but why would you want to? The food trucks we’re bringing in are serving exceptional food! Think Mexican, Thai — and so much more!
Guests with a valid ADA parking placard or license plate are invited to park in a special parking lot.
All parking is $10 per day at the gate or can be preordered online (www.horsexpo.com) for a reduced rate (only $5/day).
Parking enters on Murieta Drive at the signal.
For more information about the 21st Western States Horse Expo, visit www.horsexpo.com or call 530.672.7490.
About Western States Horse Expo: The 2019 location for the Western States Horse Expo will move to Murieta Equestrian Center, 7200 Lone Pine Drive in Rancho Murieta, CA. The event will celebrate its 21st anniversary May 9-12, 2019. The Western States Horse Expo Pomona, California will celebrate its eighth year in 2019, and Pomona dates are November 8-10. Founded by horsewoman and entrepreneur Miki Nelsen, the Western States Horse Expos are the largest equine expositions in the United States.
Contact Kate Riordan • firstname.lastname@example.org
AHP has not verified the factual statements in any message and AHP assumes no responsibility for the contents of, or any damage resulting from, any communication in the Newsgroup. Publication in the Newsgroup is not an endorsement by the organization of any product, person, or policy.