Ontario – yours to discover!
The 15th International Society for Equitation Science (ISES) Conference is being held on the University of Guelph campus August 19 - 21, 2019. Guelph is situated in Southwestern Ontario, Canada, approximately 90 km (58 miles) from Toronto’s Pearson International Airport. The theme of "Bringing science to the stable" will explore our relationship with horses through the past, present and future with internationally renowned guest speakers.
When planning your travel to the ISES2019, don't forget that Guelph is central to many world class Canadian tourist destinations. Within a one and a half hour drive of Guelph you can:
- Witness the awesome power and beauty of Niagara Falls, with sights and activities for people of all ages and budgets https://www.niagarafallstourism.com/
- Take in a Shakespearian play or a musical performed by North America’s largest classical repertory theatre company at the Stratford Festival https://www.stratfordfestival.ca/
- Cheer for the Blue Jays Baseball Team, go to the top of the iconic CN Tower or visit Ripley’s Aquarium in downtown Toronto https://www.ontariotravel.net/en/explore/greater-toronto-area/toronto
- Take a wine tour, sip award winning Ice Wines and enjoy fresh and local gastronomic delights in the Niagara Region’s beautiful wine country https://www.visitniagaracanada.com/taste/wineries/
Other family-friendly activities close by include:
- Visit the donkeys up in the paddocks, make a friend in the barnyard, and check out our very playful mules at the Donkey Sanctuary of Canada https://www.thedonkeysanctuary.ca/
- Get closer than you ever imagined to over 1000 exotic birds and animals at the African Lion Safari www.lionsafari.com
- Explore, learn and collaborate on science, technology and innovation to shape a better future for society and our planet at the Ontario Science Centre www.ontariosciencecentre.ca
- Visit Canada’s largest and most comprehensive museum showcasing art, culture and nature from around the world and across the ages at the Royal Ontario Museum www.rom.on.ca
- Experience the zoo-based conservation centre of excellence to over 5000 animals at the Toronto Zoo www.torontozoo.com
- Scream your face off on the most exhilarating rides and coasters in North American or cool down in the 20-acre water park at Canada’s Wonderland www.canadaswonderland.com
- Participate in outdoor activities, see a movie at Cinesphere, hit the Trillium Park & William G. Davis Trail, take in some live music, or enjoy a festival at Ontario Place www.ontarioplace.com
For even more ideas, consult the “Destination Canada – Tourism Ideas” link under the venue and tourism tab on the conference website. All information regarding the conference, including links to conference registration, programme, accommodation and travel can be found on the Horse Portal website https://thehorseportal.ca/ISES-2019/ and the Equitation Science website https://equitationscience.com/conferences/. Check out our blog for regular updates on local information and sneak peaks of what’s in store https://ises2019uofg.wordpress.com/.
About the International Society for Equitation Science
The International Society for Equitation Science (ISES) is a not-for-profit organization that aims to facilitate research into the training of horses to enhance horse welfare and improve the horse-rider relationship. www.equitationscience.com
For more information contact:
ISES Honorary President
Local Conference Organizer:
Katrina Merkies, PhD
Department of Animal Biosciences, University of Guelph
(519) 824-4120 x54707
This media release sent by:
Communications & Administration
50 McGilvray Street
Guelph, Ontario, Canada N1G 2W1
Phone: 519-824-4120, ext. 54756
Images: Event logos and images available upon request.
AHP has not verified the factual statements in any message and AHP assumes no responsibility for the contents of, or any damage resulting from, any communication in the Newsgroup. Publication in the Newsgroup is not an endorsement by the organization of any product, person, or policy.