What do you do to a celebrate an association's special anniversary? You hold a conference in the association's headquarter city! Registration for this once-every-50-years conference is open. The conference, presented by title sponsor Purina, will be November 8-10 in Denver, CO. Click here to register.
Here are a few items to entice you:
- Did we say 50 years? Yes. 1969 was a historical year in so many ways (landing on the Moon, the Beatles' last public performance, the opening of Wendy's). We will celebrate our own life-changing founding at an anniversary cocktail party on Saturday night, November 9. (Additional ticket price.)
- PATH Intl. is honored to present nationally known speaker and author Jaycee Lee Dugard as the keynote speaker, sponsored by The Temple Grandin Equine Center. Ms. Dugard has experienced firsthand the healing power of horses and will share a few stories about how they have helped her as well as the survivors helped by the JAYC foundation in her presentation "Compassion, Self-Care and the Power of Horses."
- The preconference day at the Harmony Equine Center offers workshops on colt starting and body conditioning, a workshop from The Right Horse Initiative on horse adoption, and ground handling (Western and English).
- Sessions on Saturday and Sunday in several different tracks will offer something for everyone-even those who are just learning about equine-assisted activities and therapies.
- The Go-To Solutions Center will feature a number of exhibitors and some fun activities. Visit with such solution providers as Horse Sense Solutions, Institute for Human-Animal Connection at University of Denver, Leadership Adventures, National Snaffle Bit Association, Certified Horsemanship Association, and more. If you'd like to provide your own solutions to our professionals, contact Cher Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to have you.
Not sure you can make the conference? Post a "happy anniversary" message to us on social media with the hashtags #pathintl and #pathintlconference. Look for more information on the website https://www.pathintlconf.com/, and help us celebrate 50 years of changing lives through the power of the horse.
About PATH Intl.:
The Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship International(r) (PATH Intl(r).) was formed in 1969 to promote safety and optimal outcomes in equine-assisted activities and therapies (EAAT) for individuals with special needs. At 873 member centers, nearly 69,000 children and adults, including more than 6,700 veterans, may find improved health, wellness, fun and a sense of pride and independence through involvement with horses. Therapeutic horsemanship at member centers may include hippotherapy, equine-facilitated mental health, driving, interactive vaulting, trail riding, competition, ground work and stable management. Through a wide variety of educational resources, the association helps individuals start and maintain successful EAAT programs. There are nearly 62,000 volunteers, 4,776 instructors, 7,943 equines and thousands of contributors from all over the world helping people at PATH Intl. Member Centers.
For more information, contact:
Cher Smith, Communications Specialist
(800) 369-7433, ext.123
AHP has not verified the factual statements in any message and AHP assumes no responsibility for the contents of, or any damage resulting from, any communication in the Newsgroup. Publication in the Newsgroup is not an endorsement by the organization of any product, person, or policy.