The National Reining Horse Association (NRHA) is pleased to announce that Cardinal Reining Horses has renewed its contract as an NRHA Corporate Partner. Through its partnership with NRHA, Cardinal Reining Horses strives to expand the sport of reining on a global scale.
Located on 200 lush acres in Aubrey, Texas, Cardinal Reining Horses is a premier operation, quickly moving to the forefront of the performance horse industry. Formerly known as Green Valley Ranch, the facility was purchased in the summer of 2013 by Brazilian native João Marcos, who currently serves on the NRHA Board of Directors.
“Becoming a Corporate Partner with NRHA was the best decision I’ve made for my business,” Marcos said. “It has helped me make Cardinal Reining Horses one of the most well-known ranches in the world. We’re excited to continue our relationship with NRHA to develop the sport of reining on a worldwide basis.”
Cardinal Reining Horses features a spacious covered arena, a first-class show barn, over 200 total stalls, and a state-of-the-art breeding facility. Cardinal Reining Horses produces top-level equine athletes thanks to an outstanding broodmare band, including:
- Dun It For Chex (2018 NRHA Hall of Fame Inductee and second dam on the NRHA Million Dollar Dam list with over $1,003,100 in progeny earnings) by NRHA Hall of Fame Inductee and NRHA Six Million Dollar Sire Hollywood Dun It.
- Mifs Doll (NRHA Lifetime Earnings [LTE] of more than $25,000 and offspring earnings of more than $411,600) by 1994 NRHA Futurity Open Reserve Champion Mifillena.
- Wind Her Up Chic (NRHA LTE of more than $102,700 and offspring earnings of more than $294,000) by NRHA Hall of Fame Inductee and NRHA Six Million Dollar Sire Smart Chic Olena.
- Shining Survivor (NRHA offspring earnings of more than $146,500) by NRHA Hall of Fame inductee and NRHA Four Million Dollar Sire Shining Spark.
- Madeof Pure Spangled (NRHA LTE of nearly $41,000) by Star Spangled Whiz.
- Watch My Guns by NRHA Hall of Fame Inductee and NRHA Eleven Million Dollar Sire Gunner.
Cardinal Reining Horses also promotes multiple accomplished stallions, including Inferno 66, Dun It For Whizkey, Gunner Dun It Again, Snap Dun The Bases, Tricked Out Spook, Yellow Jersey, and Custom Made Gun. Additionally, NRHA Professional and Million Dollar Rider Franco Bertolani currently trains at Cardinal Reining Horses, riding leading horses such as Cardinal’s own Dun It For Whizkey and several up-and-coming performers.
“A renewed partnership with Cardinal Reining Horses and João Marcos is much to be celebrated,” said Sammi Miller, NRHA Senior Director of Corporate Relations and Communications. “João’s involvement with NRHA on a global level helps grow our sport internationally. We’re proud to continue working with João and everyone at Cardinal Reining Horses.”
Founded in 1966, the National Reining Horse Association is a nonprofit association dedicated to promoting and encouraging the development of and public interest in the sport of reining. The focus is on developing and maintaining suitable standards of performance and judging and in providing a fun filled, family-oriented atmosphere.
Manager of Marketing & Outreach
National Reining Horse Association
(405) 946-7400 x 103