Media accreditation applications are now being accepted for the Washington International Horse Show (WIHS), presented by MARS EQUESTRIAN™, taking place October 22-27, 2019, at Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C.
To apply for media accreditation, please click the link below and complete the form.
The Washington International Horse Show, one of the most prestigious equestrian sporting events in North America, offers a show experience like no other – six days of top competition, more than 26,000 enthusiastic spectators, and 500 of the best horses and riders in the world in the world, including Olympic veterans and rising young stars of equestrian sport, plus great dining, shopping, and entertainment, all in the heart of the nation’s capital city, Washington, D.C.
Where: Capital One Arena, 601 F St NW, Washington, DC 20004
When: October 22-27, 2019
- Thrilling World Cup Jumping: $136,300 Longines FEI Jumping World Cup™ Washington for the President's Cup, Saturday night
- Power & Speed on Military Night presented by Caterpillar Inc: $50,000 Speed Final, the $25,000 Land Rover Puissance (high jump), and the Jump For Taps supporting Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS), Friday night
- Top Junior Equitation: The Lindsay Maxwell Charitable Fund WIHS Equitation Final in three challenging phases, Friday/Saturday afternoon and Saturday night
- Fun for All (especially youngsters!): WIHS Barn Night presented by Lindsay Maxwell Charitable Fund, Show Jumping Costume Class, WIHS Shetland Pony Steeplechase Championship Serids presented by Charles Owen, and Barn Night Trick or Treat presented by SNICKERS®. (Barn Night group contests and prizes require [free] entry in advance), Thursday night
- Opening Day Special: Tues., Oct 22 only: All tickets are $2, day or evening
- Best Deal: Anytime Ticket Package, all 11 sessions of the show with deep discount, adult and children's pricing
- Daytime Tickets (general admission) Wed. through Sun., $15 (plus applicable service charge). Children 12 and under admitted free. Discounts for Military, Seniors and Students.
- Evening Tickets: Preferred and standard seating. Tickets start at $25 for selected nights. Discounts for Military, Seniors and Students - Click Here.
- Group Sales: Capital One Arena Group Sales at 202-661-5061 (min. group size 10)
- Complimentary Tickets: Community and service members, go to wihs.org/FreeTickets
Directions & Parking
Take Metrorail or Metrobus to the “Gallery Place-Chinatown” stop for an easy trip to the show. The Metro station is located below Capital One Arena. Directions to Capital One Arena.
Capital One Arena has its own parking garage located on 6th Street NW under the building. The charge is pprox.. $20 for event parking. The garage opens 1 ½ hours before show time and closes 1 hour after the conclusion of the event. Alternatively, there are several public parking garages near the building including Gallery Place’s parking garage on 6th Street NW and the parking garage next to Rosa Mexicano restaurant on F Street NW. There are at least 10,000 parking spaces located within blocks of the arena.
Follow WIHS on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Youtube for photos, video and news about the extraordinary horses and riders competing at the show, plus historical information, contests, and international equestrian news. Please use hashtags: #WIHS2019, #horsesinthecity, #FEIWorldCup, #JumpToGreatness, and #Longines if you plan to write about WIHS and the Longines FEI Jumping World CupTM Jumping Washington on your outlet’s social media channels.
VIP ringside dining is available on two specially built platforms overlooking the arena and in the skybox level PwC Club, both offering excellent food and wonderful views of action in the ring. Visit www.wihs.org/hospitality for details.
Mainstream and Local Media
Marketing / Publications
Senior Director of Marketing and Publications
Washington International Horse Show
OFFICE: 1300 L Street NW, Suite 201
Washington, DC 20005
202-525-3679, Fax 202-525-3686
About Washington International Horse Show
Established in 1958, the Washington International Horse Show is one of North America's most prestigious and entertaining equestrian events attracting more than 26,000 spectators annually to Washington, D.C., for Olympic-level competition plus community and charity events. More than 500 top horses and riders arrive from all over the globe to jump for more than a half a million dollars in prize money. Highlights include the $136,300 Longines FEI Jumping World Cup™ Washington for the President's Cup, the $25,000 Land Rover Puissance (high jump), $50,000 Speed Final on Military Night presented by Caterpillar Inc., and Kids' Day, a free, fun and educational community event. WIHS, an official USEF Heritage Competition, is rated CSI4*-W by the Fédération Equestre Internationale, the world governing body for horse sports. The Washington International Horse Show Association, Ltd. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization based in Washington, D.C
AHP has not verified the factual statements in any message and AHP assumes no responsibility for the contents of, or any damage resulting from, any communication in the Newsgroup. Publication in the Newsgroup is not an endorsement by the organization of any product, person, or policy.