The prize list for the 2019 WIHS Regional Horse Show & USHJA Zone 3 Championship, presented by TTR Sotheby’s International Realty, is now available online. Held on October 18-20 at Prince George's Equestrian Center in Upper Marlboro, MD, the show offers final qualifying points for the 61st Washington International Horse Show (WIHS) held October 22-27 at Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C.
A popular stop on the mid-Atlantic horse show circuit, the WIHS Regional Horse Show offers riders an exciting competition experience and the opportunity to qualify to compete at Capital One Arena in the WIHS Regional Hunter Finals on October 27, as well as qualification for the WIHS Championship Finals for Children’s and Adult Hunters and Jumpers on October 22 and 23, during WIHS. Entries will close Monday, October 7.
“We are proud to host the WIHS Regional Horse Show & USHJA Zone 3 Championship. Zone 3,” said WIHS President Vicki Lowell. “This year our newly formed WIHS Regional Committee comprised of Zone 3 Committee members, top locally based professionals, and WIHS board members and staff have set out to improve the exhibitor experience with increased hospitality, sponsorship, and schedule enhancements. Of course, we will still feature the selection of the Laura Pickett Excellence in Horsemanship Award and the opportunity for riders to qualify and compete at Capital One Arena.”
The WIHS Regional Horse Show is proud to host the USHJA Zone 3 Championship again this year on Sunday, October 20. Approximately the top 18 horses in each division, based on total USHJA points, will be invited to compete, and if invitations are not accepted, additional horses will be invited. Accepted riders will be listed on Horseshowing.com.
This year’s highlights include:
- MHSA Gittings Horsemanship Finals, Friday October 18, 6 p.m.
- NCEA 3'3" Junior Hunt Seat Medal and USHJA 3'3" Jumping Seat Medal.
- Children's and Adult Hunters and Jumpers offered as qualifying classes for the WIHS Hunter and Jumper Championships at Capital One Arena, on Tuesday, October 22 (Hunters) and Wednesday, October 23 (Jumpers).
- Eighth Annual Laura Pickett Award for Excellence in Horsemanship, presented by Victoria Lowell and Charles Ancona in memory of Laura Pickett.
- Grand Championships awarded for Children's and Adult Hunter and Children's Hunter Ponies.
- Welcome dinner on Friday during the MHSA Gittings Horsemanship Finals, Pizza Party on Saturday afternoon and Zone 3 Championship Breakfast on Sunday. Open to all exhibitors.
- Qualify to compete in WIHS Regional Hunter Finals at Capital One Arena on Sunday, October 27.
- Daily hospitality tents at both hunter and jumper rings/
To learn more about the WIHS Regional Horse Show & USHJA Zone 3 Championship, presented by TTR Sotheby’s International Realty, please visit www.wihs.org/wihs-regional.
For more information on WIHS, please visit www.wihs.org, join WIHS on Facebook, and follow them on Twitter and Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat. Tag them using #WIHS2019 #HorsesInTheCity, #FEIWorldCup, #JumpToGreatness, and #Longines.
About Washington International Horse Show, wihs.org
Established in 1958, the Washington International Horse Show is one of North America's most prestigious and entertaining equestrian events attracting more than 26,000 spectators annually to Washington, D.C., for Olympic-level competition plus community and charity events. More than 500 top horses and riders arrive from all over the globe to jump for more than a half a million dollars in prize money. Highlights include the $136,300 Longines FEI Jumping World Cup™ Washington for the President's Cup, the $25,000 Land Rover Puissance (high jump), $50,000 Speed Final on Military Night presented by Caterpillar Inc., and Kids' Day, a free, fun and educational community event. WIHS, an official USEF Heritage Competition, is rated CSI4*-W by the Fédération Equestre Internationale, the world governing body for horse sports. The Washington International Horse Show Association, Ltd. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization based in Washington, D.C.
Contact: Jennifer Wood
Images available on receipt
AHP has not verified the factual statements in any message and AHP assumes no responsibility for the contents of, or any damage resulting from, any communication in the Newsgroup. Publication in the Newsgroup is not an endorsement by the organization of any product, person, or policy.