Have you seen the hundreds of posts on Facebook this week regarding people leaving Facebook to join a censorship-free platform called MeWe?
As of June 2020, MeWe had over eight million users, with a projected 40 million before the end of this year.
Users of this new app share one of the main reasons they have made the switch is because of the MeWe Privacy Bill of Rights which includes the following points:
- You own your personal information & content. It is explicitly not ours.
- You never receive targeted third-party advertisements or targeted third-party content. We think that’s creepy.
- You have full control over your newsfeed and the order of how posts appear.
- We do not manipulate, filter, or change the order of your newsfeeds. Only you can do that.
- Permissions & privacy are your rights. You control them.
- You control who can access your content.
- You can opt-out of our member directory to protect your privacy.
- We do not sell your personal information to anyone.
- Your face is your business. We do not use facial recognition technology.
- You have the right to delete your account and take your content with you at any time.
If you would like to set up your business on this new social networking site, I share more information and a tutorial video on my blog here: https://yellowbarnmedia.com/blogs/yellow-barn-media-jamie-samples/mewe-the-why-and-the-how-for-small-business
Contact: Jamie Samples