Equine organizations across the country encouraged to register for the first-ever campaign
Are you a US-based animal welfare organization that adopts out equines? If so, we invite you to join the ASPCA’s first-ever Adopt a Horse Month, a nationwide adoption campaign commencing on April 26th, celebrated as Help a Horse Day, and running through the end of May.
Together with our media partners and industry influencers, we’ll make lots of noise for adoptable equines from across the country to help them find loving homes. Plus, we’ll give you all the tools you need to rock adoptions during Adopt a Horse Month and beyond! Throughout 2020, adoption partners of The Right Horse Initiative found over 3,500 new homes for horses and we are committed to making the first Adopt a Horse Month, and all of 2021, another incredible moment for horses! Interested? Please register at this link by April 9, 2021 at 5 p.m. ET!
What You’ll Get
When you join ASPCA Adopt a Horse Month, you’ll receive these exclusive benefits:
- A national platform for your horses and organization to engage your community around adoption
- Chance to be promoted on ASPCA and our media partners’ social media channels when you use hashtag #AdoptAHorse
- Access to the exclusive My Right Horse adoption website dedicated to equine adoptions with over 1.3 million annual pageviews.
- Free adoption resources delivered once a week to your inbox
- Free webinars on writing compelling horse listings, taking captivating equine photos, and adoption best practices
- Membership in the Horse Adoption Resources Facebook group
- Opportunities to collaborate with equine groups across the country on adoption tips and transportation partnerships
- Access to industry experts
- Free customizable Adopt a Horse Month Chalkboard for fun photo opportunities (limited to first 150 registrants)
- Free lapel microphone for iPhones—perfect for social media livestreams or narrating videos (limited to first 150 registrants)
About The Right Horse Initiative:
The Right Horse Initiative, a program of the ASPCA® (The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals®), is a collective of industry professionals and equine welfare advocates working together to improve the lives of horses in transition through a dialogue of kindness and respect. Through collaboration with over 80 industry and adoption partners, The Right Horse is able to innovate new and better adoption standards and practices. Together, the goal is to shatter the stigma and reframe the conversation around equine adoption in order to massively increase horse adoption in the United States.
About the ASPCA®
Founded in 1866, the ASPCA® (The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals®) is the first animal welfare organization in North America and serves as the nation’s leading voice for animals. More than two million supporters strong, the ASPCA’s mission is to provide effective means for the prevention of cruelty to animals throughout the United States. As a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation, the ASPCA is a national leader in the areas of anti-cruelty, community outreach and animal health services. For more information, please visit www.ASPCA.org, and be sure to follow the ASPCA on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Media Contact: Alexandra Garza
646-531-3130 / email@example.com