Certified Horsemanship Association (CHA) has many educational horsemanship manuals to help the horse owner and those that take horseback riding lessons. These have been created and updated by a team of professional riding instructors and equine facility managers. The CHA manuals can be purchased at https://CHA.horse/store/ for CHA member and non-member rates. Anyone can join CHA by visiting https://members.CHA.horse/secure/membership.cfm and get 50% off the manuals.
The CHA manuals include:
- CHA Composite Horsemanship Manual Levels 1 – 4 – Written by 30 professional horsemanship instructors from the United States and Canada. This four level manual contains a complete program for all levels of riders, with many illustrations by noted author and illustrator, Susan Harris. Written tests and riding test patterns at the end of each level.
- Individual CHA Level Manuals 1 – 4 – Each manual can be purchased separately for riders to work through. Level 1 is also available in Spanish.
- Equine Professional Manual: The Art of Teaching Riding – This 208 page manual is full of illustrations and photos that will help the professional riding instructor just starting out, as well as those that have been teaching for a long time. Learning styles, teaching styles, sample lessons plans and stretches for the rider are all included. It is a comprehensive guide for all riding instructors.
- CHA Trail Manual – This is a comprehensive manual to trail riding, camping and packing out with your horses and mules. It is a must have for all avid trail riders, overnight campers and wilderness packing guides. It has four levels of horsemanship, trail ride information, camping with your horse, knots, packing, Dutch oven cooking and much more! Great detailed photos and illustrations.
- Standards for Equestrian Programs – This manual lists standards for a safer equine environment for site, program, management, driving, trail and more. These standards are intended to serve as goals in order that facilities and/or individuals can develop an individualized program designed to promote safety. It is also used by equine facilities wanting to attain CHA Site Accreditation.
CHA Equine Professionals Change Lives Through Safe Experiences with Horses. The purpose of CHA is to promote excellence in safety and education for the benefit of the horse industry. CHA certifies equine professionals such as riding instructors and equine facility managers, accredits equestrian facilities, publishes educational manuals, produces educational streaming videos and webinars, and hosts regional and international conferences. For more information on the largest certifying body of equine professionals in North America, Certified Horsemanship Association, please visit www.CHA.horse or call 859-259-3399. To find a certified horseback riding instructor or accredited equine facility near you, visit www.CHA.horse
For More Information and Photos
Contact: CHA Office
720-857-9550 or office@CHA.horse