There’s still time to qualify for the WIHS Championships!
The Washington International Horse Show is pleased to announce the current leaders in the WIHS Equitation Finals, the WIHS Pony Equitation Finals presented by Huntland, and the WIHS Children’s and Adult Hunter and Jumper Championships presented by MARS Equestrian™.
The prestigious WIHS signature events will be held at the 63rd Annual Washington International Horse Show presented by MARS Equestrian™ on October 26-–31 at Tryon International Equestrian Center (TIEC) in Mill Spring, N.C.
With the qualifying period open until August 31, there is still time to qualify to compete in the WIHS Championships.
Reminder: For points to count toward eligibility for the WIHS Championships, riders must be active WIHS members. Learn more and sign up or renew here: www.wihs.org/membership. The qualifying period runs September 1, 2020–August 31, 2021.
Current WIHS Championship Leaders
Congratulations to the top competitors in the WIHS rankings as of June 25, 2021:
- WIHS Equitation East Coast League: Dominic Gibbs, Colorado Springs, CO – 5,240 pts
- WIHS Equitation West Coast League: Brooke Morin, Laguna Beach, CA – 3,658 pts
- WIHS Pony Equitation: Olivia Sweetnam, Wellington, FL – 1,451.5 pts
- WIHS Children’s Hunter: Zeus ridden by Savannah Welch, Elon, NC – 3,004 pts Read Savannah’s story here!
- WIHS Adult Hunter: Quetzalcoatl ridden by Jennifer Morris, Portsmouth, VA – 2,562 pts
- WIHS Children’s Jumper: Chabada D’Ysieux ridden by Allison Orth, Lincolnshire, IL – 3,761 pts
- WIHS Adult Jumper: Everest De Muze ridden by Britta Stoeckel, Chicago, IL— 4,919 pts
Check Your Points
Where do you stand? For the latest WIHS rankings, click here.
WIHS 2021 Highlights
Join us for WIHS 2021 with six days and three nights of exciting competition, VIP hospitality, and spectators! WIHS returns with a full traditional competition schedule this year with the addition of a Medium Junior/Amateur Jumper Division and a Welcome class for Children’s and Adult Hunters and Jumpers. Classes will be held in two competition rings –Tryon Stadium and Grand Hunter Ring. View the WIHS 2021 Draft Schedule.
Spectators will be welcome on site following state and USEF guidelines with VIP Tables available for purchase in the Legends Club for daily breakfast and lunch, and dinner during evening sessions on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
Live stream coverage of both rings will be available throughout the week on USEF Network, with the Longines FEI Jumping World Cup™ Washington, the Welcome Stake, and the Speed Final available only on FEI TV.
- WIHS Equitation and Pony Equitation https://www.wihs.org/wihs-equitation/
- WIHS Children and Adult Hunter and Jumper Championships https://www.wihs.org/wihs-championships/
- WIHS Membership https://www.wihs.org/membership/
- WIHS 2021 Draft Schedule https://www.wihs.org/minute-by-minute/
- WIHS Official Airline, Delta, will offer discounted travel for WIHS exhibitors and fans to local airports in the North Carolina area. Click here to book your flights! Or, you may call Delta Meeting Network® at 1.800.328.1111* Monday–Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. (CT) and refer to Meeting Event Code NMUXN. *No service fee for reservations booked and ticketed via Delta’s reservation 800 number.
- WIHS VIP Hospitality at TIEC https://www.wihs.org/vip-tables-at-tiec/
- Lodging at Tryon https://tryon.coth.com/page/lodging-online-booking
About Washington International Horse Show
Established in 1958, the Washington International Horse Show is one of North America’s most prestigious and entertaining equestrian events with competition for professionals, amateurs, juniors and children. Highlights include the Longines FEI Jumping World Cup™ Washington for the President’s Cup and the WIHS Equitation Finals plus community and charity events. WIHS, an official USEF Heritage Competition, is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization. For more information, visit wihs.org.
Contact: Kara Pinato Scro | firstname.lastname@example.org
Images available on request