Entries Close September 7
The prize list for the 2021 Washington International Horse Show (WIHS), presented by MARS Equestrian™, running October 26-31 at Tryon International Equestrian Center (TIEC) in Mill Spring, N.C., is now available online at wihs.org.
Highlighting the 2021 schedule is the Longines FEI Jumping World Cup Washington CSI4*-W for the President’s Cup presented by MARS Equestrian™. WIHS expects the largest turnout yet as the FEI division will increase the number of accepted rider entries to 50, and allow up to three horses per rider. In addition, competitors will have the opportunity to earn increased FEI ranking points in both the Welcome Stake and the Longines FEI Jumping World Cup™ Washington presented by MARS Equestrian™.
In addition to a full schedule, new this year for WIHS junior and amateur competitors is a Medium Junior/Amateur Jumper division, Welcome classes and increased prize money for all Children’s and Adult Hunter and Jumper riders, and the show-closing WIHS Halloween Pony Hunt Teams costume exhibition class.
Notably, MARS Equestrian™ returns as presenting sponsor of WIHS, as well the Longines FEI Jumping World Cup™ Washington, the WIHS Children’s and Adult Hunter and Jumper Championships, and the WIHS Live Stream. Huntland is presenting sponsor of the WIHS Pony Equitation Championships.
Returning for the fourth year as the WIHS Official Airline, Delta will offer discounted travel for WIHS exhibitors and fans to local airports in the North Carolina area.
“We are gearing up for what we will be a momentous event,” said Victoria Lowell, WIHS President. “Thanks to our dedicated sponsors, the 2021 Washington International Horse Show will continue to carry out its legacy as one of the most prestigious horse shows in the nation, hosting the country’s top riders and a full schedule at Tryon International Equestrian Center before returning to the Washington, D.C., area in 2022.”
Joining some of the world’s top riders and rising stars from across North America, WIHS management has confirmed an esteemed lineup of judges and officials for the 2021 event. Two-time Olympic silver medalist Anne Kursinski will judge the WIHS Equitation Finals with additional equitation judges Ralph Caristo, Sissy Wickes, and Callan Solem. Caristo and Wickes will also serve as hunter judges alongside Kim Dorfman and Mike Rosser.
WIHS Prize List Now Available Online
- View the 2021 Official WIHS Prize List and enter online via Show Management System. Entries accepted online only. Reminder: Entries close Tuesday, September 7.
- WIHS 2021 Event Schedule https://wihs.org/event-schedule/
- WIHS Membership https://www.wihs.org/membership/. WIHS Children’s, Adult, and Equitation competitors must be WIHS members for points to apply.
Hospitality, Travel, and Sponsorship
- VIP Tables are available in the Legends Club for daily breakfast and lunch Tuesday through Thursday, with dinner during evening sessions on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Table holders also receive the option to have a reserved table for viewing by the Grand Hunter Ring. For more information, explore VIP Hospitality at TIEC.
- WIHS Official Airline, Delta, will offer discounted travel for WIHS exhibitors and fans to local airports in the North Carolina area. Use meeting code: NMUXN
- Lodging at Tryon
About Washington International Horse Show
Established in 1958, the Washington International Horse Show is one of North America’s most prestigious and entertaining equestrian events with competition for professionals, amateurs, juniors and children. Highlights include the Longines FEI Jumping World Cup™ Washington for the President’s Cup and the WIHS Equitation Finals plus community and charity events. WIHS, an official USEF Heritage Competition, is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization. For more information, visit wihs.org.
Contact: Kara Pinato Scro | firstname.lastname@example.org