Brooke USA Foundation (Brooke USA) – a non-profit, Board-led organization, dedicated to alleviating the suffering of working equines and the people they serve in the developing world – announces the election of two new members and the appointment of a representative from the Board of Trustees of Brooke: Action for Working Horses & Donkeys to its Board of Directors. The new members are esteemed leaders with a passion for improving the health, welfare, and productivity of working horses, donkeys, and mules, and have been selected to serve alongside an already impressive list of equestrian and business influencers who guide Brooke USA’s success.
New Board members, include:
- Sally Frick resides in Campobello, SC. She is a professional flutist, teacher and choral director who performs regularly with area orchestras and chamber ensembles and is the flute instructor at Limestone University. While music has been her profession, horses have been her passion. With her love for horses and her dedication to orchestral music, Sally developed the concept for Divertimentos & Dressage as a fundraiser for Brooke USA which has raised close to $100,000 for Brooke USA over the past two years. At present, Sally serves as the chair of Brooke USA’s The Foothills Advisory Council.
- James (Jim) Hamilton DVM lives in Southern Pines, NC and is a founding Board member of Brooke USA having served on the Board between 2007 and 2019. He returns to the organization after a well-deserved hiatus. Jim is a partner and co-owner of Southern Pines Equine Associates, a long-standing veterinary practice in the area. He is also the Founding Chair of the Emergency & Disaster Preparedness Committee of the American Association of Equine Practitioners and Team Commander of the VMAT#3 (disaster response team) of the American Veterinary Association.
- Chris Tattersall represents the global charity, ensuring synergies are in place between both organizations and liaising between the two Boards and its senior staff. Chris spent 25 years in banking and moved to be a management consultant with a focus on Financial Services, culminating in becoming global head of Financial Services for Grant Thornton. He is also a Director of British Eventing and a consultant providing training in team development, intercultural management, and coaching.
Brooke USA’s Board of Directors is currently led by Chair Katherine Kaneb, who noted about the recent Board appointments that, “reaching all those with a passion for the equestrian sport across the country remains a priority for this nonprofit, as we work together to expand geographically, reach more supporters and grow Brooke USA for the benefit of people and animals in need.”
“All three of our newest Board members embody the spirit of Brooke USA and bring talent, expertise and energy to the table,” stated Emily Dulin, Chief Executive Officer. “We are very fortunate to have them by our side as we continue to increase brand recognition and build a strong foundation of donors and friends throughout the country.”
Brooke USA’s 2022 Board of Directors is comprised of:
- Katherine Kaneb; Board Chair; FL
- Jim Wolf; Vice Chair; NJ
- Mark Beausoleil; Treasurer, FL
- Laura Rombauer; Secretary; CA
- David Jones, Chair Emeritus; NC
- Emily Dulin, CEO; FL
- Pernilla Ammann, FL
- Lisa Bair, FL
- Tami Fratis, FL
- Sally Frick, SC
- Jim Hamilton, NC
- Dwayne Hildreth, TX
- Gill Johnston, TN
- Jennifer Schechter, FL
- Chris Tattersall, UK
- Julia Wilson, DVM, MN
- Stuart Winston, CA
About Brooke USA Foundation (Brooke USA): The mission of Brooke USA is to significantly improve the health, welfare, and productivity of working horses, donkeys and mules and the people who depend on them for survival worldwide. We are committed to sustainable economic development by reducing poverty, increasing food security, ensuring access to water, providing a means to education, and raising basic standards of living through improved equine health and welfare. We accomplish this by raising funds and responsibly directing them to the areas of greatest need.
Note to the Editor: Full bios and photos of Brooke USA’s new Board of Directors are available upon request. Please contact CEO Emily Dulin at Emily.Dulin@BrookeUSA.org.
For more information, contact: