Each month, Corro (corroshop.com), the one source for all things horse, selects five-horse care products and puts them to the test in a side-by-side competition called Corro Top Rated. Three expert equestrians representing various disciplines rate and review each product based on specific criteria. A percentage of sales proceeds from the categories reviewed will be given to the experts’ charities of choice. Up this month: front boots to make any tack room complete.
Back On Track Wins Top Honors
With fives across the board, Back on Track’s All-purpose Splint Boots were voted the must-have front boot by Corro Top Rated judges.
- Not your average material: Welltex, a proprietary blend of minerals exclusive to Back on Track, is infused into individual fibers that make up the material that lines the splint boots. This unique combination of minerals radiates energy back to the body using long-wave infrared radiation. Welltex has been proven to improve circulation, relieve muscle tension, and improve overall performance.
- Dual-use: Can be used on front or hind legs.
- Comfort fit: Includes adjustable straps, breathable mesh, soft lining, and shock-absorbent padding for a secure, comfortable fit.
- Added protection: These horse boots help prevent your horse from interfering with itself and protect sensitive tendons.
Tie Can’t be Broken Between Professional’s Choice and Woof Wear
- Sports medicine boots: Absorbs hoof impact energy and protects the cannon bone, tendons, and soft tissue of your horse’s legs.
- Effective materials: Professional’s Choice signature limestone-based neoprene and UltraShock lining, stretchy lycra, and reinforced hook-and-loop closure straps for superior protection.
- Long suspensory strap: Prevents hyperextension of the fetlock while still allowing full ankle movement.
- For enhanced relief: Use with Professional’s Choice Flexible Ice Cells. Also designed for use with any Professional’s Choice bell boot, such as the Ballistic Overreach Boots.
- Size guide: Available in small, medium, and large. Refer to the size guide to find the best fit for your horse. Finding the circumference of the fetlocks is the most important measurement you’ll need because the boots must fit around your horse’s leg and overlap 1/2″ to 1 1/2″ to be effective. If between sizes, size up.
- Leg protection: Prevents strikes, leg interference, and other impact injuries. Relieves pressure.
- Versatile: Suitable for front or hind legs.
- Built to last: Made of 5.5mm PX closed cell neoprene with an ergonomic PVC strike pad and strong elastic straps with Velcro closures.
- Best Value: Quality protection at an unbeatable price.
- Easy to wash: Just rinse and air dry.
- Durable outer layer: EverLeather outer is nearly indestructible
- Flexible liner: High-density foam liner is flexible, supportive, breathable, and anti-microbial.
- Secure fit: Two 2″ wide elastic strips with safety closures secure boots and distribute pressure evenly.
- Easy to clean: Machine wash, air dry flat
- Supports the leg while protecting from interference or brushing
- New, easy-glide outer shell is easy to clean and safer under saddle
- Closed-cell foam interior design won’t absorb water or sweat
- Sold as a pair, suitable for front or hind legs
Meet The Judges
Saddleseat, Pleasure Driving National Champion
Robb is a fourth-generation horseman, and he and his wife, Betsy, currently own and operate Wallen West Farms in Temecula, CA.
Morgans World Champion
In the past 20 years, Jessica has accrued more than 20 world titles. Most of which she proudly brings home to her own training barn, Silver Pine Stables in Woodstock, IL, which she and her husband started in 2014.
Appaloosa World and National Champion
Kelly is based in Broad Brook, CT. To date, she has owned 12 Appaloosas and won over 40 World and National Championships and 2,250 points.
View the judges’ cards by clicking here.
Product photos are available upon request.
Visit Corro (corroshop.com) for all your daily horse and barn needs. Corro helps to streamline any horse shopping routine as a new one-stop-shop destination for all things horse—offering the best prices, fastest shipping, and the highest level of customer service. Follow Corro on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter for the latest updates on new product releases and more.
For More Information
Lauren Kay, Remarq