AQHA is currently seeking qualified candidates to fill the Manager of Professional Horsemen and Team Wrangler position with the American Quarter Horse Association. The candidate will work out of the International headquarters located in Amarillo, Texas.
Determine and formulate policies / procedures and provide overall direction of AQHA's Professional Horsemen within guidelines set up by the AQHA CEO, Executive Committee, and the Chief Show Officer. Plan, direct, or coordinate operational activities related to AQHA events and Professional Horsemen to ensure a coordination of effort to maintain or achieve the overall goals of the Association.
- Responsible for guiding AQHA’s shows based on industry feedback, input and consideration of impact to show industry.
- Meet with Professional Horsemen Council at Convention and on an as-needed basis.
- Responsible for investigating all complaints of possible violations of any Professional Horsemen.
- Coordinate and schedule Ride the Patterns at all AQHA World Shows and ensure Professional Horsemen presence.
- Coordinate and schedule Professional Horsemen for Ask a Pro desk at all AQHA World Shows and ensure Professional Horsemen presence.
- Coordinate and organize horses and judges for Collegiate Horsemanship at AQHA World Show.
- Responsible for Professional Horsemen On-line Auction at AQHA World Show.
- Coordinate Professional Horsemen and Team Wrangler presence at AQHA approved shows as needed.
- Responsible for Team Wrangler Videos.
- Responsible for nominations and voting of Team Wrangler.
- Responsible for Professional Horsemen Forum at Convention.
- Responsible for organizing nominations and voting of Professional Horseman/Horsewoman of the Year.
- Responsible for Most Valuable Professional.
- Enter/Process New Professional Horsemen memberships and renewals.
- Produce Professional Horsemen Newsletter and keep Professional Horsemen Facebook page up to date.
- Assist with Staff-Arena Management at AQHA World Shows and AQHA Championship Shows.
- Responsible for Alliance with Certified Horseman Association.
- Assist with Show Committee at Convention.
- Assist with analyzing different avenues for the growth of shows, analyzes trends regarding shows and makes recommendations on ways AQHA remains in the front of those trends.
- Assists with AQHA rules related to the show industry and makes recommendations on improving rules to maintain the integrity of competition while growing the sport.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
Interested candidates should send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
AHP has not verified the factual statements in any job posting and AHP assumes no responsibility for the contents of, or any damage resulting from, any communication in the CareerTrack. Listing in the CareerTrack is not an endorsement by the organization of any employer, person, or policy.