The Washington International Horse Show is seeking an Operations Coordinator. This role will report to the chief operations officer and is responsible for office management and administrative duties as well as support for the activities of the chief operations officer including management of logistical and operational projects, and boutique vendor and souvenir strategy. The position is based in Washington, D.C.
The ideal candidate:
- Is an organized self-starter and skilled in event management
- Has a bachelor's degree and 1-5 years of relevant experience
- Has an understanding of equestrian sport
- Has strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Key responsibilities include:
- Handling office management duties, coordinating logistics for key meetings, maintaining filing systems and organizational calendars, and providing administrative support to the bookkeeping function
- Working with the chief operations officer to manage critical logistical projects including awards, entries, officials, hotels, permits, service contracts and venue logistics
- Coordinating development and execution of boutique vendor strategy including research, drafting outreach packets, solicitation, follow-up, contracts and tracking, and managing onsite logistics, space assignments and related arrangements
- Coordinating development and execution of the official merchandise and souvenir store strategy, including research and ordering, pricing, inventory and store management and maintaining the online retail store presence, inventory and fulfillment throughout the year
- Helping coordinate logistics for special events including Barn Night and Kids' Day
AHP has not verified the factual statements in any job posting and AHP assumes no responsibility for the contents of, or any damage resulting from, any communication in the CareerTrack. Listing in the CareerTrack is not an endorsement by the organization of any employer, person, or policy.