AHA Marketing and Communications Specialist Open Position Announcement
The Arabian Horse Association (AHA) is seeking a full-time, marketing and communications specialist based in Aurora, Colo.
General responsibilities include overseeing AHA’s communication, media relations, public relations, social media and video promotional efforts; videoing and conducting interviews for daily updates at national events; working in a team environment, conceives and creates specific messages for AHA’s audiences; and coordinating workflow to ensure necessary functions are performed to meet department and association goals.
Core competencies for this position include: excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; solid project management skills; competency of functional writing skills; experience in social media management across various platforms; initiative and creativity; judgement/integrity; cooperation/teamwork; quality of work; and reliability and steadiness under pressure.
- Coordinates AHA’s corporate media and public relations activities.
- Coordinates and participates in the development of marketing, public relations and promotional campaigns.
- Coordinates and produces AHA social media calendar and maintains AHA’s social media platforms, including but not limited to, Facebook©, Twitter©, LinkedIn©, and Instagram©.
- Develops, in cooperation with the Director of Marketing, long and short-range marketing and communication plans for AHA and its programs.
- Writes feature stories, general interest articles and press releases covering AHA programs and events.
- Responsible for the media list coordination and press release distribution and pitching.
- Creates and develops promotional literature, advertisements, brochures, scripts and newsletters as needed to promote participating AHA events and programs.
- Interfaces with volunteers to gather information to determine marketing, communication and public relations needs. Develops plans or assists volunteers in developing materials to meet goals.
- Works with marketing team members to conceive and develop concepts for numerous marketing and promotional projects. Ensures ideas are developed to full fruition. Writes articles and promotional materials to assist managers in meeting their communications’ department goals.
- Attends AHA’s major events to produce the daily National Show Updates – video coverage required.
- Develops, edits and produces AHA Moment and other video coverage for AHA events and programs – use of video editing software required.
- Develops and maintains division budget.
- Continue to build community relationships through various local events and partnerships.
- Responsible for the event planning of the annual Arabian Horse Day.
- Maintains good communications and working relationships within department and with other AHA departments.
- Producer of AHA Insider, AHA Insider Flash and The Dish – electronic member news and information publications – content, dissemination and scheduling
- Performs other duties and accepts other responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Expertise Required:
- BA or MA in Journalism, Communications or related field. Three years of experience in marketing, public relations or communications field preferred. Must be knowledgeable of graphics and printing processes. Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, creativity and a strong grasp on technical writing skills. Must be able to handle a fast-pace work environment and be able to switch gears easily. Must have experience in social media management. Must have video shooting and editing skills of some kind. Some photography experience required. Must be able to communicate well with and work with volunteers. Some event planning experience preferred.
- Experience should include preparation of formal written marketing plans, product/project specifications, customer correspondence; contract negotiation, intermediate to advanced PC/software skills up to and including development and maintenance of word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database software packages.
The position is for in-house only. Salary is based on level of experience and expertise. Please email a copy of your resume and cover letter to Mikayla.Boge@arabianhorses.org.
AHA is a major equine association serving 84,000 Arabian, Half-Arabian and Anglo-Arabian horse owners across North America. AHA registers and maintains a database of more than one million Arabian, Half-Arabian and Anglo-Arabian horses. AHA produces championship events, recognizes over 400 Arabian horse shows and distance rides and provides activities, education, and programs that promote breeding and ownership.
AHP has not verified the factual statements in any job posting and AHP assumes no responsibility for the contents of, or any damage resulting from, any communication in the CareerTrack. Listing in the CareerTrack is not an endorsement by the organization of any employer, person, or policy.