The National Reining Horse Association (NRHA) is seeking a full-time employee to fill the role as Coordinator of Marketing & Communications. This position is based in Oklahoma City, Okla.
The Coordinator of Marketing & Communications is charged with supporting the marketing, communications and youth development programs within NRHA. Tasks will range from creating direct communications to members to administering leadership development activities with NRHyA Officers and Delegates.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Communications or Marketing is preferred. Knowledge of the equine industry and/or marketing is preferred.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, as well as verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of social platforms, web analytics and digital campaigns.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and basic operating systems with ability to learn new computer programs quickly.
- Able to work well on a team as well as individually.
- Ability to complete tasks and responsibilities independently with limited supervision. Excellent time-management skills as well as detail-minded and exceptionally organized.
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to work directly with youth members
Some travel is required. Some weekend work required. Some holiday work may be required.
- Manage all NRHyA Programs including:
o Organize, facilitate, and manage NRHyA Raffle Program, NRHyA Silent Auction, NRHyA Stallion Auction.
- Solicit and process Buy A Pro contracts, in addition to payments related to the sale of such contracts. This includes updating the website and auction page
- Manage the NRHyA Officer Team including travel schedules, arrangements, and leadership programming.
- Manage all aspects of the Varsity Reining Club and its awards program.
- Work with NRHA Reiner staff to develop content for youth section in each issue of the magazine.
- Process all scholarship awards and request for payment
- Order awards as needed (Youth Incentive, Affiliate Regional Championships, alliance agreements, etc.).
- Create and distribute materials to support youth programs at North American Affiliate Regional Championships including communication with local coordinator to implement Youth Team Tournament, Youth meeting and regional elections. Travel to several of these events each Fall is required.
- Represent NRHA at events including, but not limited to, IHSA Nationals, YES Conference, AYHC Symposium,
- Work with NRHA committees and Board of Directors as needed, including serving as Youth Committee liaison.
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS
- Generate weekly digital content to enhance communication and engagement with NRHA members. This includes assisting in management and creation of content for NRHA’s and NRHyA’s websites and social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, SnapChat, Twitter, etc). Coordinate content and output with NRHA Reiner Assistant Editor to increase engagement.
- Integrate digital and social media efforts into broader media and marketing strategies including possible collaboration with outside agencies.
- Oversee weekly tracking of Million Dollar Milestones (Rider, Owner, and Sire).
- Draft and coordinate the delivery of news releases about new milestones in addition to updating the NRHA website.
- Prepare stories for publication in the NRHA Reiner and outside magazines about the association when necessary.
- Work with in-house graphic designer when needed to create ads, online graphics, marketing materials, etc. Assist in writing content for these materials as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring proper stock of marketing materials are maintained and updates to materials are made when necessary.
- Fulfill marketing material requests as needed.
- Assist with the Sire & Dam Program as needed.
- Assist in all areas of the department as needed.
Benefits include health, dental and vision, as well as Simple IRA and paid holidays.
Salary is based on experience. Resumes can be sent to Hayley Eberle, Manager of Marketing & Communication, at email@example.com or 3021 W Reno Ave., Oklahoma City, OK 73107.
Founded in 1966, the National Reining Horse Association (NRHA) is an organization dedicated to the promotion of the reining horse. It serves as the standard setting body for the sport of Reining worldwide.
AHP has not verified the factual statements in any job posting and AHP assumes no responsibility for the contents of, or any damage resulting from, any communication in the CareerTrack. Listing in the CareerTrack is not an endorsement by the organization of any employer, person, or policy.