Ohio Quarter Horse Association is currently seeking a dynamic, detail-oriented team member to oversee member services and membership for the Ohio Quarter Horse Association and All American Quarter Horse Congress.
The member service coordinator is responsible for all tasks associated with the implementation of membership and member services.
A successful member service coordinator should have experience with a variety of office software (email, spreadsheets and databases) as well as basic administrative duties. This position will serve as a knowledgeable resource to members, leadership, and staff. The position also acts as the staff liaison to the Ohio Quarter Horse Youth Association and its members.
The member service coordinator receives direction from the CEO.
The member service coordinator will
- Develop and maintain association membership activities including recruitment and retention programs, and membership and points processing.
- Perform duties related to horse show management including but not limited to entry processing, exhibitor customer service, general horse show office duties
- Interact with members in a positive, welcoming and timely manner while providing timely, helpful, and accurate customer service including email, telephone and written communications
- Work closely with marketing department to develop membership materials
- Perform additional basic data entry
- Must have equine knowledge and experience
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Outlook, in particular)
- Hands on experience with office machines (e.g. fax machines, printers, computers)
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to function as part of a team
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- Associate or Bachelor degree preferred but will consider comparable work experience
The All American Quarter Horse Congress is the world’s largest single-breed horse show, with 23,500 entries in 2016. Held at the Ohio Expo Center in Columbus, the show attracts 650,000 people, and generates $285 million in the central Ohio economy. The All American Quarter Horse Congress is hosted by the Ohio Quarter Horse Association, a state affiliate of the American Quarter Horse Association. For more information, visit www.quarterhorsecongress.com.
AHP has not verified the factual statements in any job posting and AHP assumes no responsibility for the contents of, or any damage resulting from, any communication in the CareerTrack. Listing in the CareerTrack is not an endorsement by the organization of any employer, person, or policy.