Breyer Animal Creations® (www.breyerhorses.com) has been making the world’s finest model horses since 1950. We are a privately owned business based in Northern New Jersey, and are dedicated to creating toys, gifts and collectibles that are beautiful, meaningful and fun.
We are seeking an Assistant Marketing Manager for our marquee model horse line, Breyer ® Traditional®, as well as accessories, holiday and ecommerce consumer programs. In addition to managing the daily development activities and providing recommendations to grow the current product line, this position would also be responsible for developing additional products focused at the equestrian marketplace, as well as recommending and executing marketing programs, trade promotions, and support sales/marketing efforts within the equestrian channel. Working in a fast-paced, exciting and creative environment, the Assistant Marketing Manager for the equestrian-focused product line will share responsibility for the growth and success of the equestrian trade channel and product line within the Breyer brand.
- Manage the daily product development activities for several categories. Interact with design, creative services, manufacturing and more to ensure development is on time, within budget and on strategy.
- Write dynamic and effective marketing and sales copy for product lines, to be used in catalogs, brochures and sales PowerPoints. Create product content for social media and PR purposes. Concept both retailer and consumer driven promotions.
- Analyze the product line for sales performance, pricing and margin, overall size of line, distribution channel universe and penetration, key accounts, competition, opportunities, reflection of real horse world trends
- Shared responsibility for product sales and gross margin performance against company goals
- Forecast recommendations for all products in specific categories to meet sales and inventory goals
- Ensure proper time management of important milestones in the product development timeline
- Perform post-mortem analysis on all products and programs and provide recommendations
- Participate in strategy development for product line to achieve successful growth by identifying and assessing all opportunities for line extension, as well as developing successful concepts and new, innovative avenues with appropriate brand partners and horse owners.
- “Own” the equestrian channel as brand ambassador, champion and authority. Determine how to maximize placement in the channel and interact with and challenge team to achieve required results.
- Actively make and maintain industry contacts in a variety of breeds and disciplines, research and attend horse fairs, conventions and the latest equine trends to keep abreast of equine trends worldwide.
- Some travel required, both domestic and foreign
- Four-year degree in Marketing or business-related major
- Minimum of 3 years of line management, product marketing skills and development timeline experience.
Equine experience necessary
- Independently motivated and goal-oriented with a strong business acumen and a marketing mind
- Strong verbal, written, analytical and presentation skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel. Ability to learn and master proprietary programs.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package in a pleasant, suburban work environment. Please respond with a cover letter, resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Career Level Required||Experienced (Non-Manager)|
|Experience Required||3+ Years|
|Education Required||Bachelor's Degree|
|Job Status||Full Time in New Jersey office|
AHP has not verified the factual statements in any job posting and AHP assumes no responsibility for the contents of, or any damage resulting from, any communication in the CareerTrack. Listing in the CareerTrack is not an endorsement by the organization of any employer, person, or policy.