Morris Media Network Equine Group Seeks Editorial Coordinator for Quarter Horse News
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Salary: Commensurate with experience; includes comprehensive benefits package
The Editorial Coordinator provides support to the editorial team and manages event results and calendars for publication in the magazine and on the website. The Editorial Coordinator will also assist by writing content as needed.
- Request, compile and enter detailed event results into Equi-Stat database and format the results for publication in QHN
- Request, compile and enter sale data from sales throughout the year
- Manage event and sale calendars for publication in QHN and quarterhorsenews.com
- Create Excel charts based on event results for publication in QHN
- Proofread and fact check pedigrees and Equi-Stat information prior to publication in QHN
- Acquire editorial photos from events when needed
- Assist with special projects, such as the Sales Price Guide, and other special sections as needed.
- Write content that relates to the cutting, reining and reined cow horse disciplines, including but not limited to smaller sale coverage.
- Assist with website and Facebook posts as needed
- Nurture relationships with industry participants and keep up-to-date on industry news and happenings online and in person
- Work with the entire QHN team to maintain the highest standards of editorial integrity and maintain our position as an industry-leading publication
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Sufficient writing and editing skills
- Ability to organize tasks, work independently and meet fast deadlines
- Knowledge of horses, Western lifestyle and Western terminology
- Must excel in a fast-paced environment with a great attitude under pressure
MCC Magazines is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates should send cover letters and resumes to:
Savannah Magoteaux, Associate Publisher
2112 Montgomery St.
Ft. Worth, TX 76107
Morris Media Network is an equal opportunity employer.
AHP has not verified the factual statements in any job posting and AHP assumes no responsibility for the contents of, or any damage resulting from, any communication in the CareerTrack. Listing in the CareerTrack is not an endorsement by the organization of any employer, person, or policy.