Director of Development
Kentucky Equine Humane Center, Lexington, KY
The Kentucky Equine Humane Center (KyEHC) is nonprofit 501 (c)(3) all-breed horse rescue located in Lexington, Kentucky. The mission of the KyEHC is to provide humane treatment and shelter while working to seek adoptive homes and provide second changes for Kentucky’s unwanted equines regardless of breed; to educate the public and raise awareness for responsible equine ownership so that fewer horses end up in crisis; to work with and serve as a model for organizations with the same mission in other states: to save America’s equines from inhumane treatment. (www.kyehc.org)
The Director of Development is responsible for all fundraising and development efforts related to the KyEHC, works with a great team of dedicated people, and reports directly to the Executive Director.
- Develop overall KyEHC fundraising strategy
- Schedule, track and manage all grant proposals and submittals – 20+ per year
- Research and identify prospective fundraising opportunities locally and nationally
- Oversee Direct Mail program, tracks and reports performance
- Solicit, develop and maintain private foundation and corporate support
- Manage all social media outreach: Website, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Oversee all special event fundraising – 2 large events and multiple small events annually
- Oversee all administrative tasks related to development, including donor recognition, maintenance of online memberships such as Guidestar, etc
- Research and solicit new partnerships that will benefit the KyEHC
- Serve as liaison between Executive Director and Take the Reins Education program
- Serve as liaison between Executive Director and Jr Board and their fundraising efforts – attends all Jr Board meetings and events
Approximately 50-60% of incumbent’s time is spent travelling and making connections and appointments with existing and potential supporters. Work week is 40 hours and ability to work weekends and evenings at times is necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent communications skills both verbally and in writing – enjoy working face to face with people
- Team player
- Attention to detail – good follow up is essential
- Proactive approach – Self-starter
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop cooperative relationships
- Proficient user of PC’s, including Microsoft Office, Desktop Publishing, social media and database management
- Program development experience preferred; paid or unpaid
- Equine experience is preferred – in any aspect of the equine industry
Salary: $30,000-$35,000/yr, Full time
Benefits: Leave program available to all full time employees, no health insurance available
Apply: Send letter and resume, including 3 personal references to: email@example.com, or mail to: Executive Director, KyEHC, PO Box 910124, Lexington, KY 40591 or call 859-881-5849 for additional information.
AHP has not verified the factual statements in any job posting and AHP assumes no responsibility for the contents of, or any damage resulting from, any communication in the CareerTrack. Listing in the CareerTrack is not an endorsement by the organization of any employer, person, or policy.