Equine Affaire, Inc. is a small event production company located in London, OH, that is in the business of producing large educational horse expos that serve the horse industry nationwide. The company produces two Equine Affaires each year—one in Ohio and one in Massachusetts. Each Equine Affaire consists of an extensive program of clinics, seminars, and demonstrations complemented by a large trade show. Details about the company and events are available at www.equineaffaire.com
The Marketing Associate position is a full-time, non-exempt position at the London, OH, office. (Note: this job cannot be performed from a home office.) Job duties will include working with other staff in implementing the marketing plans for events produced by the company. Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, assisting with the marketing strategy and timeline for each event, distributing press releases, coordinating the print media ad campaign, assisting with the development and distribution of event flyers and posters, updating the company’s customer database, working with list broker on rental of mailing lists, coordinating the direct mailer campaigns, evaluating attendee demographics, communicating with trade show exhibitors to secure their involvement in promoting the events, facilitating the internet marketing campaign, updating social media pages/accounts, updating information on the Web site, securing photographers and videographers for the events and archiving photos and videos, maintaining the file of testimonials from exhibitors and attendees, working with the marketing staffs of the event facilities and local convention and visitors’ bureaus on promotion of each event, fostering relationships with local media, collecting and analyzing attendee feedback, managing the equine publication distribution table at each event, and evaluating the effectiveness of various components of the marketing/advertising plan. The Marketing Associate will also be involved in a variety of other pre and post-event production projects as needed and assist with a variety of production responsibilities at the shows.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Please do not apply unless you meet these essential requirements)
- Knowledge of horses, equine disciplines, and familiarity with the horse industry
- Work experience in the advertising/marketing field and/or event production preferred
- Bachelor degree in advertising/marketing, journalism, English, or related business field
- Computer skills: proficiency with Windows and Microsoft Office software (Word, Outlook, Excel, Access); proficiency in Photoshop and graphic design software programs a plus, but not required
- Excellent grammar and written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of social media / internet marketing
- Creativity and an eye for design/layout preferred
- High levels of maturity, organization, efficiency, and professionalism
- A strong commitment to accuracy and managing details
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively as a member of an event production team
- A sincere desire to have a long-term career with Equine Affaire, Inc.
Interested candidates should forward a current resume (including education and final GPA, work history, and three professional references); samples of press releases and other marketing pieces produced; salary requirements; and a brief description of involvement with and knowledge of horses.
No phone calls or walk-ins, please. Resume may be mailed, faxed, or emailed (as an MS Word document or Adobe PDF file) to the attention of Lori Helsel at:
Equine Affaire, Inc.
2720 State Route 56 SW
London, OH 43140
Fax: (740) 845-2879
AHP has not verified the factual statements in any job posting and AHP assumes no responsibility for the contents of, or any damage resulting from, any communication in the CareerTrack. Listing in the CareerTrack is not an endorsement by the organization of any employer, person, or policy.