Morris Media Network Equine Group Seeks Associate Editor for Quarter Horse News
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Salary: Commensurate with experience; includes comprehensive benefits package
The Associate Editor will assist in developing and producing content for the print edition of Quarter Horse News, the QHN Insider, www.quarterhorsenews.com and all QHN social media outlets, including Facebook and Instagram.
- Propose and write content that relates directly to the cutting, reining and reined cow horse disciplines. Writing assignments include event coverage, feature stories, breaking news, personality profiles, and health, training and how-to articles.
- Attend industry events as a Quarter Horse Newsrepresentative and write web coverage within 24 hours of the completion of each class. Also responsible for print coverage from the show, including gathering photos from the official photographer. May assist editorial coordinator in receiving complete and accurate results
- Take editorial photographs for use online and in print. Photography duties will include candid photos at events, as well as images to support feature articles and winner’s photos for use on social media sites
- Proofread all editorial content for Quarter Horse Newsand related products. This includes pedigree verification, fact-checking, etc.
- Assist in the production of special statistical sections as scheduled on the editorial calendar, including pitching stories and proofreading statistics
- Assist in updating the website by editing, rewriting and posting press releases, as well as writing and posting unique web stories and blogs
- Help maintain an outstanding editorial presence on all Quarter Horse Newssocial media sites, with particular emphasis on Facebook and Instagram
- Nurture relationships with industry participants and keep up-to-date on industry news and happenings online and in person
- Work with the entire QHNteam to maintain the highest standards of editorial integrity and maintain our position as an industry-leading publication
- College degree in journalism, communication or related field, or at least two years experience in the magazine or publishing industry
- Superb writing and editing skills, with a strategic mindset and creative flair for generating story ideas and framing articles in ways that serve our readers’ interests while benefiting the publication
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with photography
- Experience within the equine industry is a must; Western performance horse industry experience preferred
- A great attitude while working under pressure
Interested candidates should send cover letters, résumés and a minimum of two writing samples to:
Kelsey Pecsek, Editor
2112 Montgomery St.
Fort Worth, TX 76107
Morris Media Network is an equal opportunity employer.
AHP has not verified the factual statements in any job posting and AHP assumes no responsibility for the contents of, or any damage resulting from, any communication in the CareerTrack. Listing in the CareerTrack is not an endorsement by the organization of any employer, person, or policy.