Morris Media Network Equine Group seeks Digital Content Manager
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Salary: Commensurate with experience; includes comprehensive benefits package
Coordinate, curate, and manage digital communications for Western Horseman, Quarter Horse News, Barrel Horse News, Equine Journal and Horsecity.com. The Digital Content Manager will oversee digital content, social media and other related media solutions to drive traffic to and across the Equine Group digital landscape to improve customer experience and increase engagement.
Manage Equine Group digital content including;
- Publish content on Equine Group sites using CMS
- Work closely with editorial staffs to increase website traffic, social media following, and other forms of engagement
- Develop and execute postings across social media channels
- Efficiently and effectively respond to select social media users to ensure positive engagement
- Drive website optimization and site traffic growth for Equine Group sites
- Edit and publish video on websites and social media
- Edit and publish monthly contests
- Facilitate production and provide governance of Equine Group sites
- Learn and execute new digital media platforms when necessary
- Stay abreast of Internet/online best practices
- Help manage proactive and reactive online, digital and communications issues
- Curate and optimize content for e-newsletters
- Oversee digital and social media channel content to ensure alignment with corporate brand standards
- Be an advocate across the digital brands, engaging in positive, proactive brand-appropriate dialogue and answering questions/providing assistance, support and direction where appropriate
Key Skills Required:
- Keen understanding of cultural and social aspects of the Equine Industry
- Understanding and appreciation for the global Internet landscape including websites, web design and content best practices, blogs, podcasts, social media, online community destinations, etc.
- Relevant web management and optimization experience
- Self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision, but also able to effectively work within a team
- 2 years of experience in Communications with a strong focus on Digital Media
- Highly motivated individual with proven experience in writing/developing and managing corporate digital content, social media content, and related marketing solutions
- Web management & optimization experience
- Knowledge of the social media landscape
- Knowledge of latest SEO practices
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of WordPress content management system
- Familiarity with various photo and video editing software and platforms such as Kaltura
- Familiarity with email platforms such as Email Playground
- Familiarity with contest creation platforms such as PromoSimple
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Morris Media Network Equine Group
Attn: Human Resources
2112 Montgomery St.
Fort Worth, TX 76107
Morris Media Network is an equal opportunity employer.
AHP has not verified the factual statements in any job posting and AHP assumes no responsibility for the contents of, or any damage resulting from, any communication in the CareerTrack. Listing in the CareerTrack is not an endorsement by the organization of any employer, person, or policy.