The World Equestrian Center is seeking a Content Specialist to write and develop content in support of our horse shows and our marketing efforts. Responsibilities will include writing for our weekly newsletters, press releases, email blasts, social media campaigns, advertising and direct marketing efforts as well as our quarterly magazine.
The World Equestrian Center is a state of the art indoor/outdoor equestrian sports facility located in Wilmington, Ohio. Privately owned and professionally operated, the World Equestrian Center is dedicated to offering great sport and good fun in a family friendly environment.
In addition to managing 26 AA rated Hunter / Jumper horse shows each year, the World Equestrian Center also hosts four of the nation’s top AQHA shows, the USHJA Pony Breeding Championships and the USHJA Emerging Athletes Program regional training session as well as several breed shows.
In 2019, the World Equestrian Center will debut a brand new location, providing world-class equestrian competition and equestrian-inspired country club living adjacent to the Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club in Ocala, Florida.
Experience we are looking for:
The successful candidate will work with our marketing team to determine how to bring the greatest possible benefit to current and potential customers.
- Your writing should get our audiences motivated and engaged with our brand through our marketing collateral, magazine and website in addition to social media platforms.
- You must have extensive equine/equestrian industry writing experience.
- We’re seeking an easy-to-understand writing style that gets our point across without sounding too serious.
- Writing must promote our mission and be family friendly.
- We want to make sure that the content is inclusive to everyone.
- The writing should include best practices in search optimization. We will be relying on your expertise in this area.
- Must excel in a fast-paced work environment that often changes.
- Experience working with marketing/advertising agency helpful.
There are a number of different tasks that the content writer / copywriter will tackle for World Equestrian Center:
- Press releases
- Blogs and news articles
- Horse show results / Circuit recaps
- Editorial content for World Equestrian Center Magazine
- Social media posts
- E-blast content
- Joint promotions with Sponsors / Vendors
- Promotional materials
Content Specialist may handle more advanced tasks like preparing ad copy, technical writing, or explainer/video scripts. A background in marketing, search optimization, journalism, business, and the equestrian industry are helpful.
- This position requires a high level of creativity, as well as the ability to use data-driven insights to write better material.
- The successful candidate should be detail-oriented and committed to meeting tight deadlines.
- We own and manage USEF and USHJA sanctioned and unrated Hunter / Jumper horse shows. You must have experience in this discipline and know other equestrian related sports.
- Knowledge of standard writing practices, basic design fundamentals, web optimization, and digital content management systems; follow guidelines, and communicate with marketing team members.
- Preference will be given to those with a strong writing portfolio.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, mass communications or English and relevant work experience required.
Salary & Full Benefits Package
To Apply, click here: https://worldequestriancenter.careerplug.com/jobs/740645/apps/new
AHP has not verified the factual statements in any job posting and AHP assumes no responsibility for the contents of, or any damage resulting from, any communication in the CareerTrack. Listing in the CareerTrack is not an endorsement by the organization of any employer, person, or policy.