2018 Platinum Performance/USHJA International Hunter Derby Championship and Platinum Performance/USHJA Green Hunter Incentive Championships
Request for Proposals
Responses Due May 9
The U.S. Hunter Jumper Association is seeking a partner or partners to support live and on-demand video needs at the 2018 Platinum Performance/USHJA International Hunter Derby Championship and Platinum Performance/USHJA Green Hunter Incentive Championships in Lexington, Kentucky, August 14-18.
Each year, the USHJA hosts two of the most prestigious events in the Hunter discipline that draw international participation and viewership online. The events take place over a single week, and each includes multiple days of competition. While the two competitions are held during the same week at the same venue, they are separate events.
From a viewership standpoint, the greatest emphasis is put on the final round of the Platinum Performance/USHJA International Hunter Derby, which takes place on August 18. The USHJA would like to identify a partner or partners who can help deliver the best live and on-demand viewing experience for its target audience and to support its goals for video around this event.
- Increase the visibility of the Hunter/Jumper sport overall, and the 2018 Platinum Performance/USHJA International Hunter Derby Championship and Platinum Performance/USHJA Green Hunter Incentive Championships in particular
- Build and grow fandom for the Hunter discipline within equestrian sport
- Increase understanding and appreciation for the Hunter discipline within equestrian sport
- Add value to membership through discounted or direct access to the live and on demand content
- Provide sponsor visibility per contracts
The audience for USHJA video needs is made up of several distinct yet sometimes overlapping groups:
- USHJA members
- Equestrians or horse-interested individuals (nonmembers)
Scope of Work:
The following outlines specific work that must be provided as part of the service:
- Competition coverage, including wall-to-wall live coverage of all classes with commentary during the Championship rounds for both events
- Vendor will partner with USHJA to coordinate commentary needs and appropriately equip commentators for best viewer experience of commentary
- On-demand posting of full program of each section in addition to posting individual rounds from the competition
- Coverage will include course animations to be used before final round of both championships
- Vendor will provide for all equipment rental, equipment travel, crew, and crew air travel
- Production shall include a multi-camera HD broadcast-quality production including audio and replay
- Vendor shall work with event organizer on timing
- Vendor shall offer live scoring or access to live scoring to provide a streamlined viewing experience of all competition
- Prior to events and during the events, vendor shall promote, market and showcase the Events in its headline announcements of upcoming events
- Vendor shall provide USHJA in-program exposure for USHJA sponsors and air USHJA content (commercials TBD) as appropriate during the broadcast
- Vendor shall promote events through several social media outlets and will collaborate with USHJA personnel to maximize promotional efforts as well as promotion and marketing of events on USHJA website and other USHJA media platforms
- All production costs are solely the responsibility of vendor
- Post production services including editing and preparing highlight reels, sizzle reels or any feature production shall be available to USHJA and/or its Sponsors and events partners (minimum of two highlight reels and 1-3 news style recap pieces post event, including conducting interviews with winners)
- Vendor shall be allowed to run pre-roll advertising in front of and during live and delayed event coverage provided there are no advertising category conflicts with USHJA Sponsors
- Vendor shall provide code for limited availability of stream to USHJA Facebook page for promotional purposes
- USHJA will retain ownership of all video content for the events and will receive the full program on a hard drive following the event
Each response should include the following elements and be provided in a PDF:
- Strategic approach
- Detailed work product, equipment needs, and description of rights expectations
- Detailed budget
- Case studies/demonstrated experience in offering live and on-demand event video coverage
- Overview of team that will execute the project
Evaluation of Proposals:
Proposals will be evaluated based on the following factors:
- Demonstrated success in offering high-quality live stream and on demand video products
- Overall approach to project and understanding of the event and audience needs
Statement Preparation and Disposition
- All proposals become the property of USHJA upon submission. Although USHJA intends to keep all proposals confidential (with the exception of the successful proposal), USHJA will not be responsible for materials obtained by other parties without the consent of the proposal submitter.
- USHJA shall not be liable for any expenses incurred by any party submitting proposals. Each submitter shall protect, defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the USHJA from any and all liability, claims, expenses whosoever incurred by, or on behalf of, the entity participating in the preparation of its response to this RFP.
- USHJA reserves the right to amend and extend all timelines of the RFP. If necessary, proposal submittal deadline will be extended to allow prospective submitters additional time to respond to any published questions.
- USHJA reserves the right to waive irregularities and the right to reject any submissions at any point during the selection process.
- This RFP does not commit the USHJA to award a contract, to pay any costs incurred in the preparation of a proposal for this request, or to procure or contract for services. USHJA reserves the right to accept or reject any or all proposals received as a result of the request, or modify or cancel in part or in it’s entirely the RFP if the USHJA determines it is in its best interest.
Questions and responses should be addressed to Megan Lacy at email@example.com.
RESPONSES ARE DUE: Wednesday, May 9, 2018
AHP has not verified the factual statements in any job posting and AHP assumes no responsibility for the contents of, or any damage resulting from, any communication in the CareerTrack. Listing in the CareerTrack is not an endorsement by the organization of any employer, person, or policy.