E-Squared Magazine Media (e-squarededit.com or issuu.com/emilyesterson) is a thriving 13-year-old custom publishing company that provides high-quality print (yes! Print!) publications to clients in the equestrian, arts and culture, and tourism industries. We are a small (but growing) team that works remotely.
We are seeking an energetic, detail-oriented, self-motivated, flexible, fun, creative, cool, print magazine associate editor that loves horses, art and tourism. This position reports to the Editor/Publisher and will requires the following skills:
- Line editing and fact checking editorial content
- Write stories, headlines, and captions
- Sourcing photography/illustrations
- Manage production schedules for 8 different products
- Create story lists for each publication; track content through editorial process
- Work with clients to gather content
- Maintain editorial and graphic databases
- Work with art director on production
- Handle all administrative duties related to editorial content—logging invoices, gathering contracts, working with permissions for graphics.
- Enthusiastic, communicative and highly organized.
- Adept at building solid working relationships across departments, functions and personalities.
- Work well under pressure, handle multiple projects simultaneously and be highly detail-oriented.
- Creative thinker who can contribute ideas to improve communication products and processes.
- A strong visual sense and understanding of how design supports editorial content.
- The successful candidate also will be an engaging and versatile writer (with clips to prove it).
- will have exacting editing and proofreading skills and standards.
- will be a resourceful self-starter with a high degree of initiative.
- will be a skilled and practiced interviewer.
- will have strong knowledge of print production processes.
- will be able to interact with a variety of individuals with professionalism, tact and courtesy.
- Knowledge of equestrian industry, including foxhunting, eventing, vaulting and hunter/jumper is a plus.
- Art history background is also a plus.
- Working knowledge of InDesign and other Creative Suite products
- Facility with CRM systems
- Facility with databases/cloud storage such as Dropbox.
- Facility with Office (excel, word,)
- Social media content systems (not required, but a plus).
Two years working in a magazine or newspaper editorial department.
Send resume, three clips and a cover letter stating why you are interested in this job and what experience and attributes you bring it:
We are a flexible, remote workplace that meets mostly online. We have a strong work ethic and attention to deadlines, but allow for plenty of flexibility as long as the work gets done in a timely manner. Our core philosophy is that print is still the very best way to engage audiences—and we provide publications that clients—and their constituents—cherish.
Sound like fun? Get in touch.
NO PHONE CALLS.
AHP has not verified the factual statements in any job posting and AHP assumes no responsibility for the contents of, or any damage resulting from, any communication in the CareerTrack. Listing in the CareerTrack is not an endorsement by the organization of any employer, person, or policy.