Retired Racehorse Project has an immediate opening for an Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant is a part time, hourly position which reports to our Edgewater, Maryland office.
The primary duties of the Administrative Assistant are:
- Provide customer service to RRP members and Thoroughbred Makeover trainers
- Fulfil online store orders and manage inventory
- Complete mailings of membership materials and other mailings as needed
- Monitor RRP social media pages and email inboxes for service related inquiries
- Aid in the distribution of Off Track Thoroughbred Magazine and other promotional materials
- Data entry/ maintenance projects relating to membership records or the Thoroughbred Makeover
- Other tasks as assigned by senior staff
- Basic computer knowledge, Microsoft Office suite
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience in either sport horse or thoroughbred racing industries
- Excellent attention to detail, works efficiently, and is well organized
- Ability to stand, walk, and lift and carry 25 pounds regularly. Occasional event attendance also requires prolonged periods of standing and walking as well as lifting and carrying objects up to 50 pounds.
- Available to travel (<5%) for events as needed with adequate notice. Must be available to attend the Thoroughbred Makeover in October in Kentucky.
- Must have driver’s license and own transportation
This position would work well for an entry level professional, a college student, or someone who is looking to fill time in their retirement. Schedule can be quite flexible and there is the possibility for growth in this position for the right individual. Candidates may email their resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
AHP has not verified the factual statements in any job posting and AHP assumes no responsibility for the contents of, or any damage resulting from, any communication in the CareerTrack. Listing in the CareerTrack is not an endorsement by the organization of any employer, person, or policy.