The All American Quarter Horse Congress Media Intern will assist in all areas of marketing, public relations and community outreach.
- The intern must have excellent customer service skills to assist customers with ticket purchases within the Press Office and work alongside the Press Office Lead.
- Issuing press credentials, setting up media interviews and photo opportunities; helping with content for early morning live newscasts
- Will help with Congress events, meetings, and parties
- The intern may help prepare e-news, press releases, social media posts, website content, printed publications, ticket sales initiatives and promotions, and general press room duties
- The intern may also help maintain accurate records on marketing partnerships, press coverage and clippings, contracts and mailing lists
- Must be outgoing, motivated and detail-oriented with project management and organizational skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, be able to think on quickly, and work well under pressure
- Must have strong written and oral communications skills, proper phone etiquette, working knowledge of Microsoft Office, social media platforms, familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator are a plus. Photography skills are a plus
- Be enrolled in undergraduate or graduate school
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Be able to commit to at least 24-32 hours per week from September 1st – October 28th
To apply, email your cover letter, resume and two work samples (photography and writing) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AHP has not verified the factual statements in any job posting and AHP assumes no responsibility for the contents of, or any damage resulting from, any communication in the CareerTrack. Listing in the CareerTrack is not an endorsement by the organization of any employer, person, or policy.