Morris Media Network Equine Group seeks an experienced Editor
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Compensation: Commensurate with experience; includes comprehensive benefits package. Contract position is an option.
- Responsible for assigning story ideas and event coverage to editorial staff and/or freelancers.
- Put together and manage issue run sheets (outlines for each issue).
- Write event coverage, feature stories, how-to articles and various department articles.
- Take high quality digital photographs and video to illustrate feature articles, and for use in departments, blogs, web content and social media.
- Develop and post content for web site and for social networks such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Represent brands at industry functions as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in English or journalism.
- Minimum of two years’ experience.
- Leadership and management abilities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Organized, disciplined and self-motivated.
- Strong technical and feature writing abilities.
- Strong background and working knowledge of Western equine disciplines.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and samples to:
Morris Media Network Equine Group
Patty Tiberg, Group Publisher
2112 Montgomery St.
Fort Worth, TX 76107
Morris Media Network is an equal opportunity employer.
AHP has not verified the factual statements in any job posting and AHP assumes no responsibility for the contents of, or any damage resulting from, any communication in the CareerTrack. Listing in the CareerTrack is not an endorsement by the organization of any employer, person, or policy.