Marketing Manager, The Horse Media Group - Lexington, KY
The Horse Media Group is seeking an experienced, full-time Marketing Manager to grow our subscriber base, expand our online audience and manage our ecommerce operations. Based in our Lexington, KY office, this is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, results-driven individual.
As publisher of the award-winning monthly magazine, The Horse: Your Guide To Equine Health Care and TheHorse.com, we provide information applicable to horses of all breeds and disciplines, as well as offer resources to veterinarians and other professionals who manage and care for horses. A candidate with hands-on horse experience is preferred.
- Plan and execute all subscription promotions for The Horse magazine via print, email, and social channels to increase subscription revenue
- Work with outside vendor to design an effective subscription renewal process, monitor and adjust based on results and customer feedback
- Manage the promotion of products through an ecommerce storefront (Shopify)
- Use various analytic tools such as Google Analytics to understand traffic drivers and audience spikes
- Generate creative solutions to drive more visitors to TheHorse.com through social media, newsletters and natural search
- Grow newsletter list size, suggest content and subject line best practices for newsletters, and maintain list hygiene best practices
The ideal candidate will have –
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Experience managing vendor relationships.
- Experience working with email service providers such as Adestra or similar.
- Working knowledge of an HTML editor, preferably Adobe Dreamweaver.
- Entrepreneurial instincts and hands-on attitude. Eye for the big picture, but also an enjoyment of hands-on, day-to-day operations.
What We Offer:
- A small, close-knit team environment
- Competitive base salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401k with company match
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
For more information about The Horse Media Group, please visit TheHorse.com
No relocation package available for this position.
No phone calls please. Email Marla Bickel, Publisher, mbickel@TheHorse.com
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: Marketing: 2 years
Location: Lexington, KY
AHP has not verified the factual statements in any job posting and AHP assumes no responsibility for the contents of, or any damage resulting from, any communication in the CareerTrack. Listing in the CareerTrack is not an endorsement by the organization of any employer, person, or policy.