ARABIAN HORSE ASSOCIATION
Job Title: Marketing & Communications Director
Date: August 2018
Reports To: Executive Vice President
Reporting Relationship: Marketing Department
Division: Marketing & Communications
To market and generate growth of the Arabian Horse Association membership and registries through internal and external marketing. This will be done using publicity, advertising, corporate sponsorships and public relations. Research best practices in the equine industry to promote the Arabian Horse. Insure that all strategies and tactics are executed with excellence and on a timely basis. Provide diligence to ensure that all marketing financial, expense and program guidelines are adhered to.
Leadership and Development
- Develop and coordinate the implementation of short and long-term market development plans in collaboration with departments, commissions and committees.
- Recommend actions based on market information and emerging trends that can impact the development and execution of current and future marketing strategies and tactics.
- Raise the level of knowledge, interest and desire to own Arabian, Half-Arabian and Anglo-Arabian horses; through strategic implementation of marketing plans and programs.
- Oversee the overall brand direction and strategy for AHA products and programs; aligning them with the overall goals of the organization.
- Evaluate all AHA revenue-producing programs and recommend options for innovative program concepts that stimulate incremental memberships and registrations.
Communication and Implementation
- Keep the Executive Vice President well advised on the status of projects, initiatives, budget, sponsor recruitment and/or any obstacles encountered.
- Provide accountability and guidelines for proper communications and public relations standards for the association.
- Establish and conduct marketing and promotion programs to grow membership, breed registrations, existing AHA programs and national events and promotions.
- Work with Membership Services, Clubs, and Youth and Family Programs to initiate programs that emphasize the benefits of club membership, attract new owners and participants, and increase the rate of retention.
- Provide liaison support and establish effective working relationships with Volunteers, Commissions and Committees to which the department is assigned.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of the Company’s social media, web site and digital presence.
- Represent AHA at National Events as Press Officer.
- Maintain regular contact and a positive, professional and productive working relationship with all sponsors.
- Responsible for identifying and pursuing relevant sponsor prospects.
- Ensure duties in fulfillment are being handled appropriately and effectively support of sponsorship.
Staff Management and Organizational Tasks
- Manage the Marketing and Publications teams through hiring, recruiting, training, coaching and effective performance encouragement and management.
- Develop and implement appropriate metrics to measure the effectiveness of marketing plans and staff performance.
- Succession planning.
- Other related areas of opportunity that impact AHA marketing staff’s ability to deliver against planned programs and activities.
- Participate in the preparation, presentation, approval and distribution of the annual business plan, budget and Association long-range plan.
- Manage the sales team; budgeting, long and short term goals of the AHA publications and magazine editorial.
- Effectively utilize the magazine and other communication tools in a coordinated approach to achieving objectives.
Decision Making Authority:
- Responsible for Marketing Division operation and decisions specific to AHA within the scope of the marketing staff functions.
- Responsible for providing information and supporting services to the Market Development and Promotions Committee.
- Responsible for implementation of the approved Market Development, Strategic and Business Plan within the Marketing department and AHA.
- Responsible for anticipating and managing items that affect the financial performance of marketing within the approved plans and budgets
Education and Experience Required:
Skills and Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Marketing or Sales preferred.
- 5 -10 years of successful experience in either a marketing and/or marketing agency environment.
- Prefer experience in the equine industry.
- Solid background and practical knowledge of the public relations, corporate sales, direct and social media, and promotions functions.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in terms of both internal and external audiences.
- Proven ability in organization, team building and motivation of staff.
- Proven success of effectively managing a staff.
- Past record of effectively managing budgets.
- Advanced PC/Software skills.
- Travel is required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must be able to stand, walk and sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
AHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
AHA does not discriminate against employees on the basis of race, disability, color, religion, national origin or age.
AHP has not verified the factual statements in any job posting and AHP assumes no responsibility for the contents of, or any damage resulting from, any communication in the CareerTrack. Listing in the CareerTrack is not an endorsement by the organization of any employer, person, or policy.