Career Opportunity – NRHA Coordinator of Member Communications
Fast-paced environment with family atmosphere for reining enthusiast and communications whiz
The Coordinator of Member Communications is charged with implementing and supporting NRHA’s marketing and communications efforts. Tasks will range from creating direct communications to members to administering outreach communications to potential members and fans. Tasks include, but are not limited to, writing press releases and digital content, corresponding with members, fact checking, and digital and social media support. This is person will have the opportunity to travel NRHA events for marketing needs.
Education & Experience:
Education: Minimum– Bachelor’s Degree (Journalism or Ag Communications preferable)
Experience: Non-profit and communications experience preferred. Strong knowledge of the reining or show industry preferred.
- Solid grammar, spelling, punctuation, and proofing skills to be both a contributor and editor
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills
- Knowledge of social platforms, web analytics and digital campaigns
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook Explorer/Mail, and Photoshop
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite is preferred. Quark experience is beneficial.
- Pleasant personality, ability to interact with staff and members in a professional manner
- Attention to detail in a deadline-driven atmosphere
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize is a must
- Photography experience is preferred. Some travel, weekend, and holiday work required.
- Reports to Assistant Commissioner & Chief Communication Officer
- Hours per week: 40
- Shift/Hours/Days: Varies. Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., some evenings and weekends, NRHA Futurity, NRHA Derby, and Board meetings. Located in Oklahoma City.
- Position Start Date: Immediate
- Benefits Include: Salary dependent on experience. Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Simple IRA
- Generate weekly digital content to enhance communication and engagement with NRHA members. This includes assisting in management and creation of content for NRHA’s websites and social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, SnapChat, Twitter, etc.). Coordinate content with team to increase engagement.
- Oversee weekly tracking of Million Dollar Milestones (Rider, Owner, Sire, Dam) including creation, proofing, and distribution of news announcements in addition to updating website
- Generate “member-centric” marketing strategies and materials for programs including, but not limited to Entry Level Reining, education, NRHA Officials, and NRHA governance
- Collaborate and assist with marketing and communications need of the Reining Horse Foundation, NRHyA, Corporate Relations, ReinerSuite, and the Event Officials Program
- Coordinate the monetization of NRHA educational materials
- Manage NRHA Sire & Dam Program
- Assist with graphic designer when needed to create ads, online graphics, marketing materials, etc. Assist in writing content for these materials as needed
- Responsible for ensuring proper stock of marketing materials are maintained and updates to materials are made when necessary. Fulfill marketing material requests as needed.
- Coordinate the packing and shipping of materials for NRHA’s presence at industry events
- Assist in all areas of the department and at NRHA events as needed
- Work with NRHA Committees and Board of Directors as needed
- Perform other duties as directed by management
Send cover letter, resume, and any portfolio examples to: Christa Morris-Stone – email@example.com
AHP has not verified the factual statements in any job posting and AHP assumes no responsibility for the contents of, or any damage resulting from, any communication in the CareerTrack. Listing in the CareerTrack is not an endorsement by the organization of any employer, person, or policy.