LOCATION: Dalton, OH, US
JOB CATEGORY: Marketing
REQUISITION NUMBER: 155851
Main Function of the Role:
- To be the core of all consumer growth initiatives for Mars Horsecare US brands, working closely with all teams to identify, develop and implement growth opportunities.
- To participate in the development and implementation of the brand strategy to achieve agreed sales and profit targets for Mars Horsecare US.
- Apply the Laws of Growth philosophy and model to grow brand salience by increasing physical/mental availability, and leveraging scale.
- To ensure Mars Horsecare US brands achieve planned sales and profit growth targets as agreed with the Market Director. Monitor performance and identify corrective measures where necessary.
- Lead the New Product Development Team through market research, consumer insights and concept generation.
- Be the consumer brand expert within the business and therefore the first point of contact for the brand.
- Manage brand agencies in a way which builds mental availability and contributes to the achievement of the company’s OGSM.
- Lead the benchmarking and pricing team to make certain BUCKEYE Nutrition is competitively priced in the market, all the while staying within target margin requirements.
- Manage all Trade Marketing programs to achieve retail objectives and outperform competitive activities.
- Grow, develop and inspire direct reports enabling them to perform at their highest level.
- Any other duties deemed necessary in order to carry out the role effectively.
Key Functional Skills:
- Strong communication skills (oral, written, listening). This includes ability to make effective presentations to all levels of management.
- High levels of interpersonal skills specifically in the area of influencing, resolving conflict, and creative problem solving.
- Demonstrated leadership skills (working with and/or leading a cross-functional team).
- Proven analytic skills. Must be comfortable mining and analyzing data, articulating insights and then developing clear and actionable conclusions/recommendations.
- Proficient in managing complex projects. Well organized, effective prioritization, attentive to details.
- Biased towards action. Passionate, takes initiative to move projects forward.
- Desire to work in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
- Strong team player.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree (ideally in Marketing, Management, or related field).
- A minimum of 5 years proven brand marketing experience in the CPG industry.
- Agriculture industry experience.
- Cross-functional experience critical - one of Sales, Operations, Innovation/Insights.
- Master’s Degree, preferably in Marketing.
- Customer team/Sales experience a plus.
- Equine experience and/or an agricultural background.
- Strong analytical skills.
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
Mars has net sales of more than $33 billion, operates six business segments including Petcare, Chocolate, Wrigley, Food, Drinks, Symbioscience, and more than 75,000 Associates worldwide that are putting its Principles into action to make a difference for people and the planet through its performance.
Mars brands include: Petcare – PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, BANFIELD® Pet Hospital, CESAR®, SHEBA®, DREAMIES® and NUTRO®; Chocolate – M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, DOVE®, GALAXY®, MARS®, MILKY WAY® and TWIX®; Wrigley – DOUBLEMINT®, EXTRA®, ORBIT® and 5™ chewing gums, SKITTLES® and STARBURST® candies, and ALTOIDS® AND LIFESAVERS® mints. Food – UNCLE BEN’S®, DOLMIO®, EBLY®, MASTERFOODS®, SEEDS OF CHANGE® and ROYCO®; Drinks – ALTERRA COFFEE ROASTERS™, THE BRIGHT TEA COMPANY™, KLIX® and FLAVIA®; Symbioscience – COCOAVIA® and WISDOM PANEL®.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
AHP has not verified the factual statements in any job posting and AHP assumes no responsibility for the contents of, or any damage resulting from, any communication in the CareerTrack. Listing in the CareerTrack is not an endorsement by the organization of any employer, person, or policy.