Job Title: Content/Editorial Manager
Reports To: Managing Director of Marketing and Communications
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: The USHJA is seeking a strategic communications professional with proven experience in message development, content strategy development, content execution, and writing/editing/proofreading, who wants to combine their passion for the Hunter/Jumper sport with their communications knowledge and expertise.
- Must have experience developing, managing and implementing a content strategy that meet or outperform objectives
- Must have experience working as part of an integrated marketing team and a results-oriented approach to marketing/communications
- Must have experience writing press releases and providing event coverage, prefer equestrian-related event coverage experience and photography is a plus
- Must be able to manage and respond to difficult member situations while exhibiting excellent customer service
- Must be a strong writer and proofreader/editor who knows AP Style
- Must be organized and able to handle and prioritize multiple assignments
- Must be a strong storyteller across a variety of platforms
- Must be proactive and collaborative
- Manages editorial calendars for all USHJA communications as well as contributing to content development and creation for print and digital platforms (press releases, emails, web copy, social media, and print collateral)
- Manages website content in partnership with the Design team
- Maintains messaging repository for all programs and initiatives
- Manages print ad development and copy for print ads; collaborates with digital marketing manager to achieve desired advertising results across print/digital
- Manages USHJA media monitoring service
- Writes content and features for USHJA In Stride magazine as appropriate; supports editor in magazine’s editorial direction
- Manages media relations, including pitching media, securing earned media coverage, and handling media inquiries and requests; acts as spokesperson as necessary
- Photo editing and selection, as appropriate
- Manages video projects in collaboration with digital marketing manager
- Manages content for printed programs for USHJA Championships and events
- Collaborates with team to create content that supports USHJA programs for social media
- Collaborates with team to create email marketing content
- Assist with management of brand standards
- Act as a liaison between program staff and the communications/marketing director to assess marketing and communication needs; make recommendations to enhance and facilitate marketing of USHJA programs
- Contractor management as appropriate
- Represent the organization at events through onsite coordination
- Other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
- BA in journalism, PR, mass communications, and/or marketing
- Three years or more related work experience
- Knowledge of Equine Industry
The equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of photography and photo editing
- Video project management/oversight experience
- Understanding of and experience with the Hunter/Jumper sport
Travel: Some travel may be required. After hours and weekend work may be required for special projects and events.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with no restrictions.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to travel by air or automobile. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Apply: Interested applicants may submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job listing also available on the USHJA website: https://www.ushja.org/about-us-and-news/careers/open-positions.
AHP has not verified the factual statements in any job posting and AHP assumes no responsibility for the contents of, or any damage resulting from, any communication in the CareerTrack. Listing in the CareerTrack is not an endorsement by the organization of any employer, person, or policy.