Job Title: Digital Marketing Manager
Reports To: Managing Director of Communications
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: The USHJA is seeking a digital marketing professional who thrives on the latest social media algorithm changes and developing strong social media campaigns, and knows how to get the most out of email marketing and advertising efforts efficiently. The ideal candidate will be someone who has a positive, team-oriented attitude and wants to combine a passion for the Hunter/Jumper sport with a passion for digital marketing, as part of an integrated marketing approach, to strengthen our sport.
- Must have experience using email marketing platforms, such as Constant Contact, successfully to achieve marketing/communications objectives
- Must have experience developing and managing social media policy and strategy
- Must have experience developing social media campaigns that meet or outperform objectives
- Must have experience working as part of an integrated marketing team and a results-oriented approach to marketing/communications
- Must be comfortable providing strategic counsel to executive leadership on marketing efforts
- Must have experiencing launching, merging and managing multiple social media accounts
- Must be as comfortable with strategy as you are with content development
- Must have experience writing press releases and providing event coverage, prefer equestrian-related event coverage experience
- Must have experience managing and coordinating advertising across digital and print platforms
- Develop and manage USHJA social media strategy and policy
- Develop and manage email marketing approach as well as developing and overseeing content development for all USHJA emails, including targeted emails, monthly emails (All Member, Professional), committee emails/engagement
- Manages digital advertising on behalf of programs and association overall; should be coordinated and integrated with print advertising
- Manages sponsor/partner blast email requests with sponsorship fulfillment lead
- Competition management communications lead
- Coordination with committee liaisons to support committee work
- Collaborates with team to create content that supports USHJA programs for social media
- Collaborates with team to create email marketing content
- Strategic counsel
- Contractor management as appropriate
- Event coverage as appropriate
- Content development using messaging
- Support and coordinate overall SEO strategy
- Other related duties as needed and provided by supervisor
- BA in journalism, PR, mass communications, and/or marketing
- Three years or more related work experience
- Knowledge of Equine Industry
The equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Google Adwords Certification
- Understanding of and experience with the Hunter/Jumper sport
Travel: Some travel may be required. After hours and weekend work may be required for special projects and events.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with no restrictions.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to travel by air or automobile. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Apply: Interested applicants may submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Job listing also available on the USHJA website: https://www.ushja.org/about-us-and-news/careers/open-positions.
AHP has not verified the factual statements in any job posting and AHP assumes no responsibility for the contents of, or any damage resulting from, any communication in the CareerTrack. Listing in the CareerTrack is not an endorsement by the organization of any employer, person, or policy.