Equine Affaire, Inc. is a small event production company located in London, OH, which annually produces two large-scale educational horse expos serving the horse industry—one in Ohio and one in Massachusetts. Each Equine Affaire event consists of an extensive educational program complemented by a large trade show, entertainment, and other special features. For more details visit equineaffaire.com.
The Attendees Services Associate role is an hourly position within the Attendee Services Department. This position requires that job duties are performed within the corporate office in London, OH. The Attendee Services Associate’s job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the ticket sales process for all phone, mail-in, and online ticket orders for Equine Affaire admission and Fantasia (evening show) both prior to and during events
- Organizing the volunteer program for each event
- Processing Ride With A Pro clinic participant and Versatile Horse & Rider Competition applications, and communicating with clinic participants and VHRC competitors
- Organizing Equine Affaire’s raffle
- First contact for answering and forwarding incoming calls
- Directing incoming emails, responding to phone, email, and mail requests for event info
- Reaching out to contacts and maintaining flyer distribution data in the Equine Affaire database
- Preparing mailings of event flyers and posters
- Processing outgoing mail and shipments
- Completing local errands (post office, printer, etc.) and photocopying and laminating projects;
- Maintaining inventory of office supplies
- Arranging for interpreters and other special needs for event attendees
- Packing merchandise sold at events, packing and unpacking equipment/supplies going to and from events
- Traveling to all events, assisting with the general set up and tear down of each event
The starting salary range for this position is $15-$18 per hour based on prior work experience. A comprehensive benefits package is available after the completion of a 90-day probationary period.
- Prior business office experience
- Outgoing and upbeat personality
- Stellar customer service skills in interfacing with the public
- A “team player” attitude
- Effective written, verbal, and telephone communication skills
- Ability to multitask with high levels of organization, efficiency, initiative, and motivation
- Strong commitment to accuracy and managing details
- Computer skills: familiarity with Windows and Microsoft Office software (Word, Outlook, Excel, Access)
- Ability to occasionally lift and move packages and boxes of supplies and/or printed materials weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Associate or Bachelor degree preferred
- Knowledge of horses and horse industry preferred
Interested candidates should forward a current resume including education, work history, and three professional references. No phone calls or walk-ins. Please mail, fax, or email (as a MS Word document or Adobe PDF file) your resume to the attention of Lori Helsel at:
AHP has not verified the factual statements in any job posting and AHP assumes no responsibility for the contents of, or any damage resulting from, any communication in the CareerTrack. Listing in the CareerTrack is not an endorsement by the organization of any employer, person, or policy.