Position Title: National Events Coordinator, Arabian Horse Association
Position Location: Aurora, Colorado
Job Type: Full-time
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Member of the National Events team that assists with all aspects of national events. Contributes to department's overall efforts by accomplishing various tasks as needed. This position will serve as an internal coordinator for all Arabian Horse Association (AHA) National Events.
- Serves as a resource for assigned AHA National Events. Works closely with AHA departments on event projects up through and including follow-up needed to ensure projects are completed accurately and on time. Responsible for monitoring deadlines and/or assignments and notifying supervisor and/or respective commissions of problems or issues.
- Prepares agendas, reports, and materials needed for site inspections, planning meetings, and conference calls being responsible for accurate and timely.
- Provides and ensures updates to the website for events are done.
- Oversees the preparation of contracts, travel arrangements and related logistics as needed for all officials, employees, and service vendors for each event.
- Coordinates shipping of all supplies and materials; oversees inventory and storage of supplies and materials.
- Maintains organization of warehouse.
- Provides graphics staff with necessary insertion detail for show program and coordinates production of printed material required including prize list and programs, etc. according to timelines established assuring appropriate proof reading is conducted.
- Serves as the lead on all National Event Programs and Omnibus (prize list)
- Requires travel to events as necessary which may entail travel up to four weeks out of the year.
- Develops and completes and/or coordinates necessary record keeping, reports, minutes, spreadsheets, timelines, reports, etc. for assigned events following departmental standards.
- Prepares on-going event status reports as required; regularly communicates status to supervisor and other respective staff and commissions.
- Organizes Commercial Exhibits for National Events.
- Maintains excellent communication and working relationships with department staff, all other AHA employees, volunteers, customers, committees, commissions, etc.
- Assists other department members by answering phones and processing work during peak times.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
- Skills and Knowledge: Experience in planning large multi-faceted special events (preferably within the agricultural industry). Equine knowledge acquired through hands-on work with horses or equine degree courses is a plus; data entry and general office skills (filing, etc.) normally gained through general office experience which includes data entry in a multi-window, high-volume production setting; and preparation of general business correspondence; Microsoft office proficient (especially Microsoft Excel). Equivalent education may be substituted for the experience requirement. Overall understanding of general business required.
- Abilities: Customer-service driven; detail and accuracy oriented; extremely organized; quick learner and self-motivated. Ability to identify a problem and initiate the resolution process; establish priorities and multi-task under pressure with concurrent deadlines. Work with individuals with all levels of personalities and all levels of technical expertise; effectively communicate technical concepts (such as show rules) to non-technical customers. Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies. Flexible and change oriented. Able and willing to travel (out-of-state; multiple days; long hours) and work overtime as required. Must be insurable under AHA’s auto insurance program. Ability to lift 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
Education and Experience Preferred:
- 1-2 years of experience in event management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Equine Sciences
Equipment Required to Operate (in addition to general office equipment):
- Must be able to stand, walk and sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) match
- Holiday Pay
- Vacation and PTO
- Compensation Days
Arabian Horse Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Arabian Horse Association does not discriminate against employees on the basis of race, disability, color, religion, national origin or age.
AHP has not verified the factual statements in any job posting and AHP assumes no responsibility for the contents of, or any damage resulting from, any communication in the CareerTrack. Listing in the CareerTrack is not an endorsement by the organization of any employer, person, or policy.