Job Opening Involving Horses: Boarding Director – Hansen Dam Horse Park
Hansen Dam Horse Park is looking for a Boarding Director who will work under the supervision of the Operations Manager. This is a full-time position with benefits upon completion of a probationary period and meeting minimum requirements. A housing allowance may be considered.
HDHP operates a 38-acre facility which includes stabling for 200 horses, about 10 training businesses, a riding school, and equestrian events: horse shows, clinics, cultural events, and non-equestrian events like parties and meetings. The Boarding Director is responsible for overseeing the boarding functions of HDHP, including making sure contracts are completed, performing daily stall checks, helping with the monthly invoicing, overseeing work orders for repairs, and interacting with HDHP Trainers. The Boarding Director oversees all rented spaces, such as stalls, tack rooms, storage and trailer parking.
Full Time: Tuesday through Saturday; Office is open for customers from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of horses and horse industry.
- Strong people skills and likes interacting with people in person, and via phone and email.
- Solid fundamental skills in Word and Excel, as well as proficiency with internet activities.
- Ability to work with professional horsemen and fellow staff members.
- Administrative tasks requiring timeliness, accuracy, and able to follow multiple steps without direct supervision.
- Ability to understand objectives of the position and participate in improving work flows, processes, and interactions.
The successful person will:
- Thrive working as part of a dynamic, focused team in a collaborative manner.
- Take responsibility for personal actions, as well as contributing to the Team.
- Enjoy working in an office environment and spend some time each day walking through the barns and around the facility.
- Understand the need and importance to master one’s primary responsibilities and job duties, and provide support to others when asked or as needed.
- Embrace the challenges and rewards of working for a small, growing company.
- View education as a life-long process; seek to learn and grow as a person and in one’s career.
For more information please contact:
April Hammond, Operations Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Larry Langer, Managing Director, email@example.com
Please be prepared to provide a resume or letter of introduction that includes work and education experience, and two references. We have an office cat so don’t apply if you have allergies.
AHP has not verified the factual statements in any job posting and AHP assumes no responsibility for the contents of, or any damage resulting from, any communication in the CareerTrack. Listing in the CareerTrack is not an endorsement by the organization of any employer, person, or policy.