JOB TITLE: Content & Event Activation Manager
REPORTS TO: Event Director, EQUITANA USA
EQUITANA USA is a new event within Reed Exhibitions USA. The event will be produced in conjunction with EQUITANA Germany (Reed Exhibitions Germany) and the Kentucky Horse Park. EQUITANA USA is the equine industry’s Kentucky destination to shop, educate, and learn about all things horses – for all ages, all disciplines, and all levels. The event will consist of exhibiting brands to shop from (i.e. apparel, horse-care, supplements, supplies, transportation, etc), clinics and seminars (from top riders, competitors, trainers, professionals), direct access to equine associations, and much more. The event will take place in September 2020 in Lexington, Kentucky at the Kentucky Horse Park.
The Content & Event Activation Manager role is a newly created position that is focused on the below:
This role will be working in conjunction with the Event Director to manage EQUITANA USA, its programming and event/brand activations. The candidate will focus on execution of seminars and clinics, managing content, including speakers, demonstrations and other programming as needed. You will work across the core team as well as with our show partners, EQUITANA Germany (Reed Exhibitions Germany) and the Kentucky Horse Park. High attention to detail, knowledge and contacts in the equestrian industry in the United States and internationally, and an entrepreneurial and flexible mindset is a critical requirement for this position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain high awareness of equine industry trends, climate, professionals, distribution, and issues
- Manage content planning, schedules and speaker/clinic engagement, before, during and post event
- Manage the development and execution of consumer experiences (seminars, clinics, special events, and brand activations) at the even
- Identify and implement seminars, clinics, and special events; while maintaining awareness of competitive offerings, and offering recommendations to remain competitive
- Establish and maintain relationships with external contacts for speaking and clinic opportunities at the event
- Work cooperatively with the core team for the overall success of the show and facilitate enhanced onsite events for key customers/groups
- Facilitate communication between internal groups within Reed to keep projects moving forward
- Maintain consistent dialogue with marketing and sales teams to adapt audience development and/or sales strategies required to meet show goals, objectives, and attendance numbers
- Work with Operations and its partners on development and execution of events, clinics, seminars, and experiences
- Cultivate necessary relationships with key professionals and industry groups/associations to develop exciting, unique content that will help drive attendance
- Work with our sales teams on developing strategies to better serve the exhibitor base (i.e. integration between sponsorships and content)
- Attend appropriate competitive shows and key industry events to learn and see best practices in onsite attendee activations
- Additional responsibilities as directed by the Event Director
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Knowledge of and relationships in the equestrian industry – with an interest in creating unique content, seminars, and clinics with equine professionals
- Possess a highly entrepreneurial spirit
- Have strong organizational skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Be a solution based thinker with a love for executing the details
- Have the ability to manage to and meet tight deadlines
- Be a team player with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrate self-confidence
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Excel (advanced knowledge preferred), Word and Power Point
- Three to five years in Business environment– preferably in Marketing, Marketing Services, Sales, or Operations. Knowledge of the equine industry required. Trade show or other event experience a plus.
- As required
- Here is the application link: https://4re.referrals.selectminds.com/reedexhibitions/jobs/content-and-event-activation-manager-equitana-23262
AHP has not verified the factual statements in any job posting and AHP assumes no responsibility for the contents of, or any damage resulting from, any communication in the CareerTrack. Listing in the CareerTrack is not an endorsement by the organization of any employer, person, or policy.