INTRODUCTION: The Arabian Horse Association (AHA) is seeking an intern majoring in an equine program, education, marketing, or related field, who desires to learn more about youth programs and breed associations and develop skills to work within the horse industry. Please email our Youth and Family Programs Coordinator, Brenna Whitlock to apply at Brenna.email@example.com.
As a full-service breed association, the Arabian Horse Association seeks to meet the breeding, competitive and recreational interests of all Arabian horse owners. As the official breed registry for the Arabian horse industry, the AHA Registry has registered more than 1 million Arabian, Half-Arabian and Anglo-Arabian horses since its founding in 1908, ensuring the integrity and perpetuation of the breed.
AHA offers events and competitions bringing together to share the joys of Arabian horse ownership. Membership in the AHA has its privileges and provides access to registration, programs, competitions and other services.
- Assist with planning and execution of youth fundraising event
- Manage orders for youth and general AHA booth in the box and promotional orders
- Monitor RYTT contest and results, help establish way of tracking points electronically and assist with updates to program
- Assist with preparations and orders for Judging and Hippology contest
- Assist in soliciting and communicating with youth sponsors
- Assist in social media presence
- Assist in promotional material updates and rewrites
- Perform other marketing duties and accepts other responsibilities as assigned
GOALS: The AHA Youth Programs Intern will have the opportunity to learn what it takes to run events and manage youth programs. At the duration of the internship, the intern will have developed a list of contacts within the equine industry and seen a fundraiser through the entire process of planning, development, and execution.
- Strong writing and organizational skills
- Self-starter with the ability to follow-through with a project
- Must be detail-oriented, flexible and able to multi-task
- Horse experience and knowledge
- Social media experience a plus
- Must be willing and able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be willing and able to lift up to 35 pounds.
- Must be willing and able to commute to the office and travel as needed.
- Must be willing and able to pass a background screening.
We are looking for an intern who can work up to 20 hours per week starting end of May through the beginning of August.
Travel to Oklahoma City, Oklahoma for Youth Nationals is required. The dates for this travel are July 17, 2019 – July 28, 2019.
Please email your resume to Brenna.Whitlock@arabianhorses.org.
AHP has not verified the factual statements in any job posting and AHP assumes no responsibility for the contents of, or any damage resulting from, any communication in the CareerTrack. Listing in the CareerTrack is not an endorsement by the organization of any employer, person, or policy.