Job Description: AAEP Communications Coordinator
The American Association of Equine Practitioners, the world’s largest professional association for equine veterinarians, is now hiring for the position of communications coordinator. The primary purpose of this position is to work with the director of marketing and public relations to develop communication and marketing strategies which promote the association’s mission and strategic initiatives within the veterinary and equine industries. Working in the AAEP office is a requirement of this position.
Primary job duties include the following:
- Assists in the development of communication materials on key issues affecting the membership, the association and the profession.
- Develops content for the AAEP’s web site and various social media platforms, and analyzes the success of these efforts to determine strategic direction.
- Writes and edits the AAEP’s e-newsletter as well as additional e-communications as needed.
- Writes and distributes news releases.
- Creates marketing content for the AAEP Foundation.
- Serves as a liaison for media requests and initiates contact with the media for AAEP news items. Maintains AAEP media database.
- Ensures implementation standards are met for the AAEP brand marketing program.
- Assists with coordination of the On Call Program.
- Coordinates special projects related to AAEP events such as the Annual Convention.
Required skills include:
- Strong writing skills for various platforms, including web, social and print
- Social media marketing experience
- Proofreading and editing
- Ability to meet deadlines and work independently
- Customer service attitude
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Prefer at least five years of experience in communications or marketing
- Familiarity with the horse or veterinary industry is helpful
The AAEP is headquartered at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington. To apply, please contact Sue Stivers, executive assistant, at email@example.com or 859.233.0147.
AHP has not verified the factual statements in any job posting and AHP assumes no responsibility for the contents of, or any damage resulting from, any communication in the CareerTrack. Listing in the CareerTrack is not an endorsement by the organization of any employer, person, or policy.